Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Roseanne" revival in the works

DRW50   

I actually thought Lecy looked about the same, aside from the unfortunate Spike-of-BTVS-fame haircut.

38 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

The YouTube version of the ABC promo video:

How telling that the entirety of it was from the show's early years (although I think you could have gotten stuff in from up to about season 5 - 6 at a push). I can't really see Roseanne making that type of show again though.

Edited by DRW50

16 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I actually thought Lecy looked about the same, aside from the unfortunate Spike-of-BTVS-fame haircut.

How telling that the entirety of it was from the show's early years (although I think you could have gotten stuff in from up to about season 5 - 6 at a push). I can't really see Roseanne making that type of show again though.

Lecy looks great, quit hatin' Ron ;)

I noticed that too, it focused a lot on the first 6 seasons (it actually shows a lot of 5 and 6... "Dad is dead!"... smoking pot, the lesbian kiss, etc) and only had one from season seven (DJ kissing his black schoolmate). None from 8 or 9. 

I hope the reboot isn't heavy on the politics or heavy on the nasty (her humor got bitter seasons 7-9). 

DRW50   

I doubt they will mention him but I'm reminded of how much I miss Glenn Quinn, even after all these years.

YRBB   

Dammit. I need to finally watch the show.

7 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

I wonder if ABC plans to do a retrospective special as well - next year will also be 30 years since the show premiered, so makes sense to me.  

That would probably be the smart way to go. Either before the first episode or the week before, do a retrospective that (re)introduces the original show and then (hopefully) take off with the revival.

Vee   
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I doubt they will mention him but I'm reminded of how much I miss Glenn Quinn, even after all these years.

I expect he'll be mentioned.

Yeah, I'm sure Mark will be mentioned as having died in some crazy freak accident, as only he could in his oafish ways. 

It was 20 years ago Roseanne ended, and next year 30 years since it began. Yikes, I'm getting old. 

jcar03   

I hope they dialed back Roseanne on show of her ideas like Dan faking his death.  Just pretend it didn't happen, they didn't kill Dan off until the very end of the final episode or switching Becky and Darlene's partners.