A new Y&R Return

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't that story get him canned and led to DM's departure from AMC

I can see him being gunshy when it comes to the bigots in the audience, but I've never seen anything regarding his feelings on the stories (Cliff and Angie and Jack and Luan) other than veiled comments with no credible sources to back it up.

Then again, I always got the impression he does give off a bit of a douchey vibe, so what do I know?

• Members

There is another reason why he may not like Keemo, it makes Jack a set age as any child Jack would have had during the war would be well over 40. Edited to add: so in this case he may be more vain than racist, though we'll never know.

• Members

Bergman does remember a storyline that still makes him cringe. They decided Jack had served in Viet Nam, sired a child he did not know about, and his now-grown son, Keemo, came to town. "Whenever I am displeased with a storyline, all I have to do is think 'Keemo,' and I realize how bad things could get," Bergman explains.

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2013/0403-bergman.php

He hated the story. Doesn't say why. Everything else coupled with the Angie/Cliff story is conjecture.

• Members

Soap actors are a weird breed. That's what I am discovering. They sh-t on phenomenal, character driven stories--the meat and potatoes , but love campy stories--the scraps. 

Oh plz. I doubt this was the issue at all. If it was, then he should've built a bridge and got over that b-tch. He's an actor, not a writer. 

See this is why I am glad I am not the head writer of a show b/c I'd be firing people left and right. I HATE actors that feel they can dictate what the write, who is the visionary of the show, can tell. Do I think they should have concerns at times? Yes. But a story about Jack producing a child during Vietnam isn't one of them. Especially, when it is possible that Jack could've done it. Hell, Tom did it on ATWT, and it was a beautiful story. 

The actors on Y&R are quick to bitch about not getting camera time, but when someone truly tosses them a bone, they moan like babies. That's why I love Sharon Case b/c she takes whatever she is given and is gracious. 

• Members

@Nothin'ButAttitude You're absolutely correct - the Tom/Lien story was great and lasted 3 years. Plus it introduced the masses to the wonderful Ming-Na. All I remember from the Keemo story were scenes where Keemo just hated Jack. I rarely watched during that era - only when I went home to the family.  I don't much care for Aunt Jack at all. 

Archived