Erin Moran Dead

John

• Members

Erin's brother read Scott & his wife Renee FOR FILTH. And yes, DD, he confirms that Erin DID, in fact, dump Scott (and that she wasn't...um...impressed with his "equipment", either). I know this might be petty, but given that the man just lost his sister, he gets a FULL pass from me here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/26/erin-moran-s-brother-launches-withering-attack-on-tiny-coward-scott-baio.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, I am so sorry that Erin went so young and I can only hope that she didn't suffer too much in her final days. She was with her husband at her side, holding hands. (As per the open letter that Steve, Erin's husband, released the other day.) She had the prettiest smile and just electrifying eyes. The tributes that came in from Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Marion Ross, Anson Williams, Don Most and Cathy Silvers were just beautiful and gracious. After his initial tweet, Scott Baio should have quit while he was ahead.

I didn't hear that entire radio interview, but from what I did hear of it - he was cold, cruel and callous. For someone to blast another person for substance abuse issues before the official cause of death had been formally announced shows a lot of ignorance, and it seems Erin only wanted a select few people to know that she had cancer - which was her right. (Anson Williams told PEOPLE that he was one of the few who knew that she was ill, but kept quiet about it per her wishes.) Now that the cause of death was proved to be from natural causes, Scott's comments make him look even more ignorant and heartless.

Good for Erin's brother for sticking up for her and blasting Scott. Maybe he'll think twice now before vilifying others before he has all the facts (but somehow I doubt it).

Here is an interview she did from 2000 when she took on the role of Aunt Bella in a regional production of Neil Simon's Lost in Yonkers:

Salt Lake Tribune June 18, 2000

Former TV Teen Looks to Happier Days Ahead Onstage
By Celia R. Baker Salt Lake Tribune

Erin Moran remembers being onstage to do the live tapings of Happy Days as feeling like "a runner's high -- such a rush -- so much fun."

The bubbly teenager from the popular 1970s sitcom is 39 now and trying to get that feeling back. She is taking the brave step of acting onstage for the first time -- in Utah Musical Theater's production of "Lost in Yonkers", a Pulitzer Prize-winning play by Neil Simon.

"I've always wanted to do a play," says Moran. "The play is the essence of acting."

She says she idolized her Happy Days co-star Marion Ross, an accomplished stage actress, because Ross often studied for her stage roles on the set of the TV show.

"The opportunity arose to do 'Lost in Yonkers', and I rented the movie, and was thrilled and loved it. I figured I'd better not pass the opportunity up. I'd better go for it."

Moran says there are a lot of similarities between her character, Bella, and herself. She says she was insecure and "not as quick as I am now" because of her upbringing, which "wasn't as strong as it could have been."

"The happiness and positivity beween us is very similar. There's all these wonderful colors of qualities that appealed to me and I could identify with. I was so happy to do a character onstage that was not much of a reach. It's so there for me."

Moran began working at age 6 on the TV African adventure Daktari. She was 13 when Happy Days debuted in 1974. She took time out to star in the short-lived spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi (she was romantically linked with her co-star Scott Baio), and was back on Happy Days when the show ended in 1984.

After the show ended, she disappeared from sight. She now says many of her early days were anything but happy -- but denies she had problems getting along with cast members on the Happy Days set.

Moran was the only one of the show's regulars who didn't return for a 1992 TV Happy Days reunion. At the time, she cited "personal reasons". Last week she revealed that she missed the special because she had a black eye -- inflicted by her abusive first husband. "It had nothing to do with the cast -- but the tabloids will have their way."

Moran's troubles went all the way back to her childhood, which she also characterizes as abusive. She weeps as she tells of a conciliatory birthday card sent to her by her mother. Moran says her father was mentally and physically abusive, and that her mother apologized for staying in the relationship.

She says the members of the Happy Days cast were "the best people you could ever want to be with or meet or anything. They knew it wasn't right, but they couldn't step in any further. What they did was a lot. They loved me. They liked me. They were there for me. They still are."

Despite sad memories from her personal life, Moran says growing up on camera was as much fun as it looked. "It has been wonderful since day one. It's such a blessing, and I'm grateful. I get a smile from someone's recognition of me. They'll say 'I grew up with you!' I like it. I've always liked it."

Moran's present life is shared by her second husband, whom she credits with rescuing her from her abusive past. "If it wasn't for him and God, I wouldn't be doing this play," she says.

Moran is trying to escalate her career and has had several recent roles. She says, "I would love to do a movie. I'd love to do a series or have my own show, or be part of another sitcom, or do guest appearances. I'd like to do drama -- it would be really cool. And I would do another play if it were like this, in which the character is right there."

• Members

Yeah, I figured she dumped him and he'd been bitter about it.

Did both return to Happy Days after Joanie Loves Chachi got cancelled? I believe Moran did because from Marian Ross' comments, I figured Moran returned to the show for a few more years until it went off the air in '84.

As for Diagnosis Murder Victoria Rowell has hinted over the years that, although she loved most of the cast, there was one former co-star that appeared to be quite culturally insensitive. I'm guessing that she was referring to Baio.

As much as people love to assume that Rowell is often the problem, I've seen pictures of her taken last year at a reunion with Dick Van Dyke, his son and almost everyone from the cast-- except for Baio.

It's a shame that Baio had so little compassion for someone who he claimed to have intimate knowledge of. He didn't think that maybe the depression could have been more of a driving factor during the course of her life? Then again, there are people in this world that don't have much compassion for that either.

• Members

Yes - after JLC was cancelled in 1983, they both returned to HD for what turned out to be its final season. Joanie and Chachi were married in the series finale.

Supposedly, they HAD been good friends before things turned into something more. It makes sense that they would be close - they were both the youngest cast members of HD, they were the same age, both were brought up in Catholic households. I don't know if they were still getting along when HD ended, but something so bad obviously happened along the way that they couldn't even have a friendship.

Scott is blaming the backlash as being not so much about his remarks about Erin, but because of his being a staunch Trump supporter. While I don't doubt that his Trump affiliation has played a role, it's his callous attitude towards both Erin and other women in general that is his problem. Unfortunately, he is so self-righteous that he doesn't even realize it.

• Members

it sounds like he loves Trump so much because they are exactly alike....two grown men who act like children and think the planet revolves around them. I am now reading stories about Baio's ego all the way back to when he was a kid. make me wonder how he got along with Howard & Winkler....two known Democrats? and the rest of the cast? everyone on the show talks very loving of each other....except for Baio. I still remember a reunion they did in a rebuilt Arnold's set with a live audience where Baio came off as a egomaniac. like he was too good to be on the same stage with the rest.....he was never a good actor to me but Chachi and Charles fit who he is. I also agree with some others that the used her death to get and keep his name out there.....but it has backfired fiercely on him. would love to be a fly on the wall if Baio ever crosses paths with her brother Tony (Who had one scene in John Carpenter's Halloween.....he was he actor who played Michael when JLC pulled off his mask right before Loomis ran up the stairs and shot him). 

• Members

And Nicollette Sheridan.  Totally forgot about poor Nicollette.

Trust me, YRBB, I wouldn't dare lie about those women dating Chachi in Charge.

In their primes, all three were nothing short of stunning.  Heather, Nicollette and Pam could have had literally any man they wanted.  They did not need to hook up with Baio.  (Unless, of course, they were doing it for charity or felt the need to atone for being so gorgeous.)

• Members

Didn't Baio also 'deflower' a 17 year old Nicole Eggert?

Baio shouldn't be riding a high horse, he should be riding a jackass.

His reputation preceeded him long before people knew of his political affiliation but yeah, come to think of it, his association with Trump seems to fit his profile.

Archived