Days: She's baaaaaaack

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO!!

I'm not at all surprised. When Ron was announced she was the first person that came to mind. I don't know why she hasn't directed any episodes at DAYS. She's done GH.

If she's taping in May that means she'll be on for November sweeps. I better see her wake up from a dream and Will be alive. And Bo.

• Members

I'm not at all surprised that Sweeney has come back. The show needs Sami, I'm sure the character was at the top of Ron's list and whatever money Corday had to pay her is worth it.

However, despite Sweeney wanting to play Sami has a heroine with EJ, it ruined the character. I'm all for character evolution and we saw a great deal of evolution with Sami (particularly her dynamic with Kate/Lauren Koslow who has always been one of the best screen partners for Sweeney) but taking away Sami's claws and leaving her to being EJ's cheerleader was just pathetic. 

• Members

Interesting ... forgot about that. This show tapes so far in advance ... ugh LOL

Sami as a heroine was awful. It's just as bad as Nicole the poor me heroine we have now. Awful awful awful. Sami had her claws back a bit towards the end after the EJ/Abby affair but it got cut short and then her brief return for the 50th was all about chasing EJ and Will's death was a blip on the radar.

Sweeney needs to understand that Sami as a bitch (but with understandable, albeit slightly crazy motivations) is what is best for the character.

She can get her boring heroine on with her Hallmark movies.

She's never been the strongest actress and so heroine just doesn't work for her; bitch works better.

• Members

Exactly. This is so, so right. Sweeney is not a strong enough actress to make heroine work. Sami as the bitch (with motivations that the audience has always understood) is the only way the character should be written. To do otherwise is to betray the character's origins. 

Archived