Y&R: Cane and Lily's twins Soras'd to teens

• Members

They could just off Lily finally if they won't recast Khalil. We have a much more compelling character in Hillary anyway. Not that it should be one or the other but still ... it frees up Lily playing mom to someone who clearly isn't 16

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Completely agree with everything in this post (well, I can't speak to the UK soaps but will assume that's correct). I know there isn't budget to bring in too many characters in the "in-between" years of childhood and late teens when it becomes supposedly easier to write but I think SORASing is generally lazy writing. There have been exceptions where it's worked and the age differences between parent and child aren't as jarring as this will be, but IMO that's more the exception than rule. I'll never forget 30-year old Betsy referring to 50-year old Ellen as "grandma" in the late '80s!

• Members

This is absolute insanity and I can't WAIT to see how terribly it turns out.

I think there's an in-between with SORASing that works. If a character is supposed to be, say, 11 or 12, and then they cast an actor to play 16, whatever. You're just kind of eclipsing a few years, and especially if the parents are old enough to have a kid that age, fine. That makes sense to me. It's when they completely screw with timelines that it becomes damaging. 

Archived