RIP Peter Hansen (GH/PC) (1921-2017)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd imagine if they had been able to we would have seen them at some point during Ron's run. He even tweeted when Peter passed.

Random but I just saw Peter in War of the Roses on Logo yesterday and then I saw Susan Brown in BH 90210 today on Pop! I just love them. I hate how they just disappeared in 2004 from GH. I don't think they ever appeared again. I know Gail was mentioned at times from Monica or something but it's a shame the way Phelps and especially decrepit dinosaur Frons treated the vets.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

We should see Scott scenes with Laura, Bobbi, Monica, Lucy, Kevin, Serena (Carly Schroeder) and a wish list of Denise Alexander and Susan Brown, only if their health permits.  

My wish list  in flashbacks include scenes with

Edward/Lila (David Lewis)

Steve, Audrey, Jessie and Dan

Yelling at Scott

Hugging / giving pep talks to Scott

Drunk Lee/ sobered up Lee

Putting Luke and Laura on blast

a scene with Meg, Carolyn, and Gail, his 3 wives

Lee and Bryan Phillips, his protege

Any of the above will do. I know we can't expect a lot, but at least a few of these would really be nice.

Ugh Franko should be parking cars in the hospital garage that day.

• Members

The show never even bothered doing any sort of tribute to Jessie Brewer after Emily McLaughlin passed away, so I doubt we can expect too much from a potential nod to Peter Hansen. That being said, the least we should be able to expect is a series of decent flashbacks, probably centered on Lee's relationship with Scotty. You KNOW the show is not going to spend too much time on this. The viewers who remember and love Lee Baldwin are too old for the network to care about.

• Members

Which is why their ratings are in the toilet.  Alienating long time fans <coughs> JFP <coughs>by not sending characters on their way, but killing them for sweeps was a huge mistake. Older viewers stopped watching, and the younger viewers that would have watched with them chose Disney/Nick etc.  Like I said Franko had better be parking cars that day. I don't need to see him mugging it up. Lee Bldwin having a serial killer for a grandson probably would have sent him straight back to the bottle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, we got what little crumbs ValenVarni  were willing to give. One flashback. Amazed they sent Laura over. 

The Man Landers stuff could have been shipped to Monday to free up space, but of course, Frank needed his fix of Woodcock, At least Howarth wasn't on.

• Members

How a tribute should be done:

So, here's how I would have opened today's part two of the tribute ...Peter Hansen... the way soaps used to mark the passing of a longtime cast member. The news trickling through the community

Serena arrives, tells Lucy and Scott the story they used.

Kevin arrives home with coffees and pastries. Laura walks into common area in her bathrobe.

Laura: What's this?
Kevin: Sit down, Laura
Laura: What's wrong?
Kevin: Lucy called me
Laura: Well, that's not the best way to start the day. Wait, Kevin, what is it?
Kevin: Laura it's....

Quartermaine Living Room

Monica drops coffee, hangs up phone Ned enters.

Monica, tearfully : Oh God Ned, that was Gail. Lee Baldwin passed away last night."
Ned: Lee? oh no. Oh Monica, I'm so sorry

Kevin's Apartment

Laura: How's Scotty taking the news?
Kevin: Lucy told me Serena would be there shortly so....
Laura: Okay. I've got to get dressed. Can you take Spencer to Lila's Kids? I have to call Mom and ...Where's my damn phone? Damnit How do I tell her such an important person in our lives. He's been in my Mom's life....

Quartermaine's

Monica: for so many years, Ned After he married Gail, he was like a father to me. She all but raised me, you know. (Flashback, Gail, Lee and Monica scene).
Ned: All those years that he worked for Grandfather, worked with the hospital Board. My God, if these walls could talk.(FB--Edward, Lila, Lee, Gail)

Hospital opening with ambulance

Laura:Okay, Mom. I love you too. You call Gail.  
Laura: Bobbi, It's Laura.....
Bobbi:  Noooo... Okay, I'll have Epiphany cover my shift---and I'll have TJ
 close Kelly's. See you there.

Other characters...

Fade to Bobbi behind the counter at Kelly's Laura and Kevin arrive, followed by Monica and Ned. Bobbi reveals that Audrey called, and was flying down to Florida to be with Gail. 

Scott: So Serena, you can only get a good BLT in Port Charles here a... why the Hell is Kelly's closed?
Lucy:  No Scott, it's only open for us.

Scott, Serena and Lucy enter, followed by Mac and Felecia...

hugs exchanged, conversations ensue which lead to flashbacks.....

Archived