RIP Peter Hansen (GH/PC) (1921-2017)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With this crew of idiots writing/producing, It would be Franko crying and whining how he'll never get to meet his "Grandfather".  No thank you, scenes with Scott, Lucy, Laura, Monica(I'd even like a few between Scott and his latest  bestie Ava, with him telling her stories with appropriate flashbacks).   

• Members

What?!? I have been quite out of touch with GH for the last several years, and had no idea TPTB had done that.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Or...a lot. Hammy Howarth should not be on the show at all, let alone tied to a legacy family.

They never should have gotten rid of Scotty's previous son.

UGH!

• Members

@vetsoapfan, I can't wrap my head around it either. I don't buy Kin Shriner and Robin Mattson as screen parents to Roger Howarth. Were they 10 when he was born?

Please register in order to view this content

As for the previous son (what was his name again - Logan?), he really looked like a Kin Shriner clone. GH couldn't cast him and NOT have him be Scotty's kid. From what was in the soap press at the time, the actor had a huge ego and turned a lot of people in both the cast and crew off - that's why they let him go.

• Members

Yes, the character's name was Logan, and the actor really did have a Kin Shriner vibe about him. But even if that specific actor could not be kept on the show, it was stupid of TPTB  to kill him off. This show needs more expansion of their legacy families, not less. (Unless it involves Howarth, of course.)

• Members

I wish I could find the interview about it, but, if I am remembering correctly, Mr. Carlivati mentioned that it was decided to change Franco's paternity in order to connect him with characters that were currently on the canvas (Scotty, Heather), rather than to those that were dead and gone (Alan Quartermaine, Susan Moore, etc.).  I guess that would mean a character like Griffin would not have been created under Mr. Carlivati's pen.  I agree with other posters here that making the character of Lee's death about Franco would be a disservice to everyone.  

• Members

Thanks for the clarification - and I agree with you. I was infuriated when they dropped Stuart Damon after more than 30 years of loyal service, and the long standing Qs went into oblivion. It would have been nice to have a Quartermaine and a Baldwin pair up, especially since Monica had been the foster daughter of Lee's wife, Gail.

• Members

It just boggles the mind that TPTB have been so incompetent for decades and butchered the great core families of Port Charles. The Hardys, the Baldwins, the Webbers, the Qs were all much more interesting than the assortment of degenerates, losers, and dullards we have now, LOL.

Archived