Sling TV thread

dragonflies

• Members

This is for @YRBB cause we went off topic in another thread lol. Sling TV is awesome, a cloud DVR is better than regular DVR, no extra equipment needed. The cost is CHEAPER.

Who else has Sling TV? If you don't, you're missing out

Please register in order to view this content

This kind of sums it up a bit:

https://networks.nokia.com/solutions/cloud-dvr

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hesitantly subscribed to Orange (I think) and I haven't looked back since! Really useful for someone who does watch some TV but might go a week without turning it on. And it helps me get access to the cable shows I can't find anywhere else legally as they air. 

So that link you posted is where you get the Cloud DVR? How much is it? 

• Members

Like Wendy said the DVR is $5 a month, you sign into your account and then click on "change subscription" and then you'll see "Orange & blue extras"(or whatever you subscribe too) click on the arrow beside that and then look for DVR and add it.

It's not the link I posted just to let you know

Please register in order to view this content

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

What do you use for Sling? they just added it for Roku. I know some devices it's not available. If you have a fire stick or device you can add it with that, then use it on your roku device.

The 4 extras for $10 a month is a helluva deal. More channels for less money, love it! Now I have LOGO

• Members

Just an FYI there are channel's that aren't able to be recorded, like Disney and Freeform. It's not Sling's doing, it's how the network sets things up

I haven't, I've only read good things about it.

Ron you are nuts to go back to cable. I've yet to read anything good about any cable companies, they are doing nothing but raising prices

• Members

Yeah, same here, I've only ever heard praise for Sling, and it's all I can offer too. It's not perfect but they're working on it. I would never do cable at this point.

I saw that some channels aren't available for DVR yet but it sounds as if they're negotiating. I'm looking forward to being able to access the DVR from the laptop.

I can see those 50 hours are gonna go by fast! lmao lol 

Can you fast forward ads on the DVR?

Archived