B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember Lorenzo Lamas on the show....LOL.  Gawd B&B has been bad for some time now. How I miss the 80s where this soap is concerned. Once Bradley Bell took over from his dad this soap went to the shits.

• Members

I didn't watch for about 10 years....I had no idea Lorenzo Lamas, Antonio Sabato, or Mario Lopez were ever on the show.  Or Sydney Penny???  I remember tuning in a few times when Jack Wagner was on but I had no clue as to who anyone was.  I missed all of the Deacon, Amber, etc. stuff.  I don't even remember - was she a character on Y&R or B&B first?  What about Deacon....was he originally Y&R or B&B or did one follow the other to/from one or the other show.   I wasn't watching but I have no clue about any of it...the crossovers, etc. 

• Members

B&B brought Lamas, Sabato, Lopez and Penny on when the Marone clan (Jack Wagner included) failed.

Brad spent the previous 3 years building the Marones up and when finally accepted they clearly weren't gonna work he began throwing everything at the wall (literally) to see what would stick.

Amber & Deacon were both original B&B characters who both crossed over to Y&R before returning to B&B.

• Members

That's not entirely true. The first Marone to be introduced was Massimo (Joe Mascolo) in late 2001. Lesley-Anne Down's Jackie and Jack Wagner's Nick appeared in the spring of 2003, with Brian Gaskill's Oscar Marone following in August/September 2003. Sydney Penny joined the show at the same time in the role of Samantha Kelly. At first Samantha was supposed to be a love interest for Ridge.

Lorenzo Lamas's Hector Ramirez and his daughter Caitlin (played by Kayla Ewell) joined half a year later, in February 2004. Caitlin turned out to be Samantha's daughter. Linda Gray played Samantha's mother Priscilla Kelly in a recurring capacity. She was against a reunion of Hector and Samantha, but they found together nevertheless and formed a happy family. Caitlin was Thomas's (then played by Drew Tyler Bell) girlfriend until Thomas and Amber grew closer.

Antonio Sabato's Dante Damiano was introduced in early 2005 and was mostly featured in a triangle involving Felicia and Bridget.

Ewell and Penny departed in the summer of 2005. Their characters moved back to New York. Lorenzo Lamas stayed until October 2006 (Hector had a brief fling with Taylor) and was dropped around the same time as Antonio Sabato. Both characters disappeared without a trace.

Mario Lopez was introduced in early 2006 as Hector's brother Christian and was on contract for maybe 2 months. He was Felicia's doctor, but served no real purpose.

The Marones (Massimo, Nick and Jackie) were still part of the cast at that time. Massimo left in July 2006, and Nick and Jackie remained until 2012.

Archived