DAYS: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think Kate was absolutely done as a character by 1999. It's been nothing but repeats for nearly 20 years. I felt like she was getting samey just a year or two after Koslow started playing her.

• Members

I watched Kate wax poetic over Eduardo leaving, and my problem with the Kate character is that there hasn't been long-term investment in any of her romantic pairings for years. I can't even remember who all she's been linked to recently. Eduardo, Deimos (I remember that silly fight and push off a cliff, but don't remember why they split... Nicole?), Rafe (how/when/why did they split?), and some time before that I think she was linked to Ian Buchanan's character...

I wouldn't wish her on Josh Taylor's version of Roman, but at least they had a sweet moment a couple weeks back when she visited the pub and he was behind the bar (P.S. is Peggy McCay in good health...?) 

• Members

That was actually when I loved Kate the most, around 1998-2001. I thought alot of the material for her then was fresh and something new compared to the earlier years with the Victor and Vivian drama. I still liked her for a few more years, but by 2006 I was tired of her.

• Members

The show is going way overboard with the Gabi propping. Why is almost every scene someone talking about how wonderful and strong she is? Yeah they have Julie talking crap about her but that's just so Gabi can come out on top in the end. They're especially making me hate Kate.

• Members

Totally disagree. Koslow is a great beauty. At 64 she has lost none of her appeal. And she is a skilled actress. 

Kate is not a played out character. She has not been written properly for in years but Koslow makes the most of the scenes she's given.

Archived