Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There seems to be alot of pushback cause of nick's involvement. Not cause folks understand Chloe. 

I don't think Dylan was much of a sex symbol to replace 

So now that Devon is with Mariah, it's okay to exploit folks pain for story...despite this being one of the major issues he had with Hilary at GC Buzz which led to their divorce. Who is writing this? 

• Members

I repeatedly said the actress & character were strong enough to stand on their own but everyone at SON swore the retcon needed to happen to "solidify her to the canvas."

Mariah & Devon hanging around after Chloe left was purely for the unnecessary Mariah & Scott chem test. The actor is cute but Y&R has chem-tested him way too quickly with way too many actresses in way too many unnatural situations to make any relationship the writers decide to throw him in seem natural.

• Members

Not everyone.  I can't recall a time when I DIDN'T want Khloe eradicated from this show in all aspects, including genealogically.

I don't think Dylan was a sex symbol, period, or even an actual character; and in a way, his exit -- essentially, he no longer exists -- speaks volumes about how Sally, at least, feels about Super Insta Retcon Offspring Man.

• Members

@ajsp35801 Complete double standard Hevon v Dariah, which only makes Devon seem dumb. But the whole thing is silly. Of course, Mariah would run this story - its huge and includes all 3 major GC families - Newmans, Abbotts through Billy and Chancellors through Ester/Kay (her godmother and where she was getting married. You could even hit the Fenmore/Baldwins. It shows just how tied Chloe really is to entire canvas, which makes her exit a perfect example of missed opportunities.  

• Members

Devon looks like he was just being crappy to Hilary to just be crappy to her for all this time. Or he's supporting and dating mariah to spite her. I can't figure out which one. He looks like a jack ass standing around an entire episode with 3 lines. 

Either way, it boils down to the same. Mariah propped to the high damn heavens. No matter what she does, there is always a positive spin. Yet, Hilary is EEEEE-VUL. And yeah, i know that opinion is unpopular. 

• Members

Oh no, it looks as if Chelsea's car is emerging from the raging waters of the Drucilla Winters River and speeding toward Hilary AND Mariah.  (Good thing Chelseannie has kept her seat belt on this whole time.  Safety first!)

Archived