Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, which was unbelievably stupid. So instead of Chloe, if she ever comes back, being tied to Abbotts/Jill, she's locked in with The Worm. Bella would've been a great connections for Ester/Jill to have again since they live together. Plus, it undid the extremes Chloe went to in her grief. Make no sense, but that's just further proof this regime is lost.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, that was why Billy got tested. It just turned out to be Kevin's. I have mixed feelings. Making the child Kevin's sure doesn't serve the show right now.  I'm not sure anyone is really here to see Kevin raise a kid. Still, not sure Billy's character was served by having three children right now either.

• Members

Yeah, that's definitely an issue. There are already too many Newman's.  We don't need too many Abbott's in the mix. I guess the bright side is both of his romantic interests have fertility issues, so he shouldn't be having more children any time soon.

• Members

@Elsa and @DramatistDreamer Devon and Hilary's condo is set to make an appearance soon. I'm sure it'll get more use when Devon and Mariah start sleeping together. 

The show no longer wants Billy tied to Chloe. That's the only reason I can come up with as to why Kevin is Bella's father. The show is now focused on telling this Phyllis vs Victoria rivalry over Billy and didn't think a stray child with Chloe worked in that narrative. 

• Members

I don't get it either. Then Esther invites Kevin to live with her ?????? I can't even imagine how stupid Kevin/Jill/Esther stories would be. Or even Esther hanging out with Kevin when Jill isn't there. I wish they'd stop looking for place to shove Kevin, he's not needed.

Do you remember the times Kevin was hanging around Katherine & the mansion? Once when he was in cahoots with Gloria, attempting to make Katherine think she had Alzheimer's in order to cheat her. Another time Kay was making up t-shirts with his face on them and leading up the effort to find him. And another when Chloe & Kevin stole some of her things. All those stories were horrible. Did these happen under Kay & Sally? I pray they're not going for round two.

I'm OK with the Baldwins but the Fisher's are just bottom of the barrel characters. Kevin has a vile past & doesn't pair well w/anyone.  Gloria doesn't have any redeeming value, so she has never worked as a diva/vixen. Plus JC's overacting often throws me out of story. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a comedy sketch on one of those old variety shows.

Archived