Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my pet-peeves as a viewer -- and this is true not just with soaps but with television across the board -- is watching people watching television (I'm looking at you, Ron Carlivati).  Or staring at computer screens (you, too, Lifetime movies).  Or talking or texting on cellphones.  All those things are Not. Dramatic.

And I'm also not fond of people walking around with coffee cups in their hands.  But that's another subject.

• Members

I'm a translator and I used to translate a show -- it was a Turkish novela -- where 90% of the scenes were people talking over their cellphones. So dumb.

Why the coffee cups pet peeve? I'm curious (and at the same time worried I'll pick up the same pet peeve once you have explained it lol )

• Members

Why the coffee cup pet peeve?  IDK.  I guess I see it as the shows' way of saying, "Ooooh, look how trendy we are," because, according to SOME body in the industry, drinking copious amount of java is the latest thing.

Plus, I feel like it's a crutch for actors who have no clue what else to do with their hands.

Good God, lol.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

The show is still about nothing.....

Ashley and Ravi kiss....eh......I doubt people were glued to their TV sets waiting for that......

Ravi's little lecture today was so bad. Lawd you'd think Ravi was Jesus Christ himself the way Sally Sussman is writing him.

Billy and Phyliss...eh...I dont see anything great about them either....I saw more chemistry with Billy and Cane the other day and their little hissy fit they had.

The show isn't moving..its still the boring mess drivel it's been since Sally took over.

• Members

I still like it, but that must be because I'm over 50.  I didn't watch it for about 5 years when Amber came on (I hated her) and I also missed when Adam arrived.  I came back when they cancelled the ABC soaps.

Archived