Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R wouldn't have even needed a heart attack (I also hate the way today's soaps write illness, they are unable to sustain the consistency to deal with life altering health problems). 

Y&R could've have shown Lauren having a series of panic attacks and when Michael sees Lauren in the hospital after a bad panic attack, could've contacted Scotty (and Fen) and asked him to come home.

In one of my posts, I had proposed that since Scotty is a writer, once he sees the trouble that Fenmores is in, decides to help write ads for Fenmores to run in print and online as the boutique's revitalization plans take shape. In fact, I proposed that both Fen and Scott step in to help the struggling family business.

• Members

Asexual & Gay negotiator agency??

Dumb & Dumber negotiator agency??

It was a story that amounted to nothing!  And where is the change in Lauren that we were promised?

Please register in order to view this content

All this would require some thinking from the HW. Some actual planning out of stories....not these 3 week arcs we are getting of poorly constructed stories.

This show is still very boring. The couples being shown have zero chemistry from Billy/Victoria to Nick/Chelsea to Ashley/Mr. Tech Guy.

• Members

Hell....Jill popped back up before you knew it after her heart attack. That is ridiculous!  I had a childhood friend who suffered one and he is still trying to recover from it. Sally Sussman's stories are all poop.

• Members

I think it goes back to Sally's not liking the "Jill Fenmore" idea.

Think about it: we don't see Gloria for months.  Then, when she's back on the scene, she's making a beeline for Lauren's family bidness.

Mm-hmm.

Poor Smilin' Jack Abbott.  First, he was duped into having sex with Patty.  Now, it's Sheila.

Archived