Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sally Revisionist Monday (US): Nikki to Victor: "...even though you broke [Victoria's] heart with your deceit.' Because we all remember how much Victoria loved and welcomed Adam from Day 1. C'mon! 

DG is clearly uncomfortable with the way the are making Cane - he can barely get the lines out (and worse than normal). What's the point of making him seem dumb with Jordan schooling him on what's a cheesesteak? As bad as the bro hug - even though Cane/Ashley did a big deal in Asia years ago. Weird. At least they acknowledged that the hockey playoffs have started - too bad, they chose Philly as the centerpiece of the story since the Flyers were eliminated from making post-season with two weeks to go - and we a longshot for the last few weeks. Just odd.  

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's show was pretty bad. Ashley and Ravi zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...that was so hard to get through. Reed screaming at his mother because he couldn't keep the new car....just awful......Victoria shutting out Billy because of the stupid pack Nikki made with them....

Please register in order to view this content

.....Cane and his bimbo......yawn.......

• Members

The Hilary Hour....get that right. Lmbo

At this point, I'm convinced Scott was designed to go to GC Buzz and lend it some of that credibility Devon was harping on for months plus be paired with Mariah.  Otherwise, what's the point of him being a journalist. Because long term, it's make more sense to have him as a businessman ( Fen being a lawyer) since he's set to inherit Fenmore's.

But somewhere along the line, someone decided they wanted him in story with more mature characters. Probably driven by Sharon and Phyllis having nothing to do.

That led to changes like Mariah being paired with Devon as Hevon angst so he can have something to do besides pine for Hilary as they tell this baby story with Jordan. Cause surely, tptb saw before now that BJ and CG didn't even look good onscreen together,  let alone have chemistry to pull off a romance. 

I think rewrites have been occurring. And not good ones either.  

DG isn't the only one uncomfortable. Most of these actors seem to be. You can tell they don't believe in these stories. Poor ED. 

• Members

Nikki's Victor hate seems OTT to me.  I don't really mind too much because I've always thought Nikki is more interesting when she's not with Victor.  It needs to stick a good long while this time though or it's a big waste. Maybe for once Nikki could have a meaningful romance that isn't Victor or someone that Victor needs to save her from.

I did feel a little bad for Reed today. Victor played that situation like the pro he is.  Still, I hate the whole "let's pretend the Newman's are middle class" thing and here we are again.  Victoria has half a billion dollars. In her position, I would just by my kid a car and driver. Then I would buy him all the hours of practice that money can buy with a professional driving instructor with the promise that he can have the car of his choice when he graduates.

One of my pet peeves with Billy is that losing Delia didn't make him the slightest bit over protective. Really, you are going to tell Victoria that Reed is ready to have his own car without any hesitation?

Please register in order to view this content

I haven't looked it up, but car accident has to be the leading cause of death in teenagers. One mistake can ruin your life or the life of someone else.  That's a lot of responsibility to put on someone that age, when you are rich enough to be able to afford a driver.  It just gets on my nerves that Billy is the free spirit and Victoria is being portrayed like a harpy for having some common sense.

• Members

That would be the obvious solution. Have Reed return the car to Victor and have Victoria go with Reed to buy the exact same car. And explain to Reed that his grandpa had done something unforgivable but the car gift was from her and not him. Instead we have this ridiculous drama because of Nikki's dumb pack....

• Members

^ I should clarify. The still make it clear that the Newman's are rich, but they have so many problems that money would fix and they never utilize it.  Like all the times Nick tried to take Faith from Sharon because Sharon wasn't stable.  Yet they could afford 24 nursing and nanny service. All the times they have been in danger, but where are the body guards?  There are so many examples.  Reed not being able to go to a concert in another town is just the latest example. Most parents I know drive their kids themselves and go to the concert with them depending on the kid's age. In Reed's case it's best to hire a driver for him and probably a body guard if we were being anything like realistic.

• Members

I did forget, but at the time my eyes were rolling. If you call a handy man and offer him a couple of thousand dollars he will come, even after 5, even in the mid west. Yet we were to believe a wealthy home owner didn't have a relationship with a handyman she could call at any hour? OK, then pack up and take your family to a hotel!! I hate it when the writers treat the audience like idiots. The fact that Victoria doesn't have a live in nanny and maid is also laughable.

• Members

When Newman Tower was the Inferno and Victor has a Helipad...but no Helicopter.  He's got a private Jet but no Helicopter.  There was only ONE Helicopter from the GCPD....and it kept making its "Last Trip" before the building might collapse.  But Victor/Newman didn't have a Helicopter yet has a Helipad, skyscraper, and we know a private jet and his own private airport...but no Helicopter.   Makes total sense. 

• Members

Such nonsense to make these characters mega wealthy then not having the writing or the budget to depict these lifestyles.

Back in the day you had a character like Katherine and the original Abbotts representing the wealthy-a grand, but not lavish house,a few staff etc

Archived