Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I hate to say it, but I agree that the entire Newman family is just running in circles at this point.  But what the hell else are you gonna do when you have two potentially interesting characters being portrayed by two of the most nothing actors in all of daytime?

• Members

Yeah. Though today they did have her sort of defending letting Faith live with Victor to Phyllis and Jack.

Chelsea, and then Sharon, should have been leading the charge looking for information on Adam's death and then going after Chloe. But for some reason they had to have Nick huff and puff and play the hero.

• Members

That isn't all she wants to serve Scotty. 

Please register in order to view this content

Now that Sharon is slowly going back to her original self she should slowly be rebuilding her relationship with Victor and acting as a go-between for him and Nikki (who she has also reconciled with) while also serving as a sounding board for Nicholas. The show could even take the time to repair Sharon & Victoria's relationship by having Victoria seek Sharon's advice about raising a teenage boy. 

She could do all of that AND still be studying for school but the show is too busy having the Newmans banish Victor from the family for the billionth time to do focus on character based writing.

• Members

I agree with all of that. She did work with Nick a bit in the Chloe thing which was nice that they were hateful towards each other, or Nick wasn't spewing bile towards her. And like today Sharon was all but defending Victor so there are glimpses of that Sharon. But like a lot of things, it falls short of what it should be. If we can sit here and come up with all of this, why can't they?

• Members

Another SSM revision: Victoria to Billy: You'd never hurt anyone for revenge.... except for the week that was Y&R highest rated in 10 years. Other than that...

On the plus side:

1. I'm glad the 'real' Sharon is back - I'll give props to Sally for the work that's been done therel. However, Sharon doesn't have a story and should've been more involved with the Newman - like daily - since her daughter lived there!

2. Noah/Tessa was an interesting test

3. EB still knows how to work it when he wants - from rage to tears -  only time I've enjoyed Faith in a scene during this regime - making Victor cry. 

• Members

Nikki's public intoxication, including the time  poor Nick found her passed out in the snow, combined with her Victor obsession, has been the reason I can't handle her judging others. Now I will add serial murderess to my reasons for giving her side eye when she's uppity towards most others. 

Archived