Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope not. If I had to guess I'd say Y&R has another 10-15 years in it, but sometimes the end comes fast. I mean, we all knew that AMC and OLTL were in trouble, but I don't think many people expected them to go that fast, especially after the move to the west coast. Then you have Days which seems to have nine lives.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. This is clearly a director issue because can JC was downright perfection during the post-wedding fall-out. Ick on The Worm's 'foreplay' comment

2. Victoria care so much about family that she chose running to Nikki over Reed. That's pathetic writing 

3. JM's attempt and failure to show conflict over Nikki's annual empowerment arc was painful. I love feisty MTS taking the reigns of the Newman family but all it will take is one 'my darling, I'm taking you on a trip and leaving business behind for a week' and she's right back in her 'place'

4. GT's sideways glance at end of reveal scene - priceless. GT ripping into Jack (good), Jack response to all the list of The Worm's crimes with it's 'fun' was bizarre. What a letdown of what should've been a shocking reveal to Phyllis and eventually the Abbotts. 

5. I just can't even with Lauren pumping her best friend to hookup with her son. Creepy doesn't begin to describe the ick factor I felt watching that. 

• Members

Yeah ....son comes first. She just ditched him and left him with Billy.

It's too bad none of the previous writers had her interested in business. Imagine Victor in prison and Nikki running Newman Enterprises and Ashley running Jabot. There was never a point where Nikki learned about the business and then overtook it from Victor.

Ha....Lauren's brain is fried....LOL

• Members

I'm sick to death of the way they write Nikki. This is at least the millionth time she's been "done" with Victor. She forgave him for the way he had Victoria arrested on her wedding to Billy, she ignores the cruel things he's done to Sharon, who isn't a saint by any stretch, but the "fake Cassie" thing was truly sadistic. His cruelty to Phyllis was excused by her. I will say that her so blatantly putting the Newman name above all else is a slightly new switch, but I feel that most long time viewers feel safe in assuming she'll go back to that charmless snake in the end. 

It's especially annoying since Nikki frequently passes judgment on the morals of others, all the whole clutching the arm of the town's biggest psycho. Nicholas and Victoria are utter fools for having any faith in her. The woman literally has two speeds- drunk and defending Victor. Anything more and she's out of her element. 

• Members

Now you know that'll never happen even though it should. I've been over Nikki for the longest. I find her more repulsing than Victor at this point b/c she excuse his actions and then later defends him to the death to others. 

She has three speeds. You've forgotten murdering people. Lizzy Borden Jr. stays doing people in and getting off scots-free. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The protecting the Newman name was incredibly cold and shallow for someone who has been portrayed as warm-hearted and loving. Would Nikki feel the same way if Grambo had engineered Dylan's demise? And the B&S! angle was pretty weak since it's not tied to NE anymore. 

• Members

It's become a snooze fest - I have it on in the background and was reading comments above....I agree.  Nikki for the millionth time is 'done' with Victor.  Yawn.  I see Hillary pulls another *itchy stunt - yawnnn.  Stale, done to death.  Once again I see we have to keep Victor's secret or everyone 'goes down'.   I missed Chole's actual escape - did she take the kid with her?  Is the actress really leaving or is she just on vacay for awhile?  This return was so miserable.

And I know to watch a soap you have to suspend disbelief...or belief whichever.  But the whole thing with Victor not knowing where his own plane is GOING?  LOLLL.  The pilot has to file a flight plan no matter what....private jet or not.  Then he couldn't get in touch with the pilot???  It's sooooo bad.  Like he's just going to fly somewhere, drop her off and then leave again with no flight plan and no contact with the ground tower when he lands????  So stupid...I can't believe this is Y&R.   

• Members

Today show....

Hillary/Devon/Mariah/New Guy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Phyliss/Danny.....half paid attention...cause we know it isn't going anywhere.....

Reed/Possibly Sheila's daughter...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Loser Nick/Victor....I wish Victor would have told him ....I AM GOING TO CRUSH YOU.....hahahahaha

• Members

I know people may fun of Scott but can we please see a few scenes of him and Mariah together? I just clicked onto Y&R for a glimpse and Devon and Mariah just don't fit!  Hillary and Jordan are a hair better but not by much--cheesy!

Or can we bring Max Ehrich back for awhile and see if Fen and Mariah have some chemistry. I'm clicking this off now, I'm getting a stomach ache from all this cheesy-ness and I don't do dairy!

Please register in order to view this content

Archived