Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Beats the hell out of me.

But I'm still not convinced CBS and/or SONY have given Sally and Mal free reign.  IDK why, but it just seems like so much of Y&R these days is the result of interference.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe it either. I still believe that Steve Kent and Angelica McDaniels are still all up in that writer's room trying to live out their dreams. This show is still heavily restrained and it shows. 

Yes!

Sucks they couldn't bring back Blair Redford as he just booked that big Marvel pilot, Gifted. All the young, out of work actors and they chose him... He should've been a Ronan or Cole recast but not Scotty! He looks like he could be Lauren's father!

Plus, I hate how they are subtly testing Scotty with Sharon and Phyllis. Toss that man in either Abby or Mariah's orbit and move on. Sharon don't need no d-ck no time soon, and Phyllis needs to be tossed back Billy's orbit as I loathe Villy. 

• Members

Not even really watching atm, too busy, but I have a feeling the upcoming

Please register in order to view this content

is a way to permanently close off the relationship which to me felt too abruptly deleted in December. That being said, if it isn't that then there is definitely interference. The show does feel like it's constantly stuck.

• Members

Scott looks like Lauren's lover. And their inappropriate chemistry doesn't help. 

I think it's more to give Villy a spark. Make folks care about them again. Reed and the family time didn't quite accomplish the goal. So they get a interloper....with more chemistry with the male than the woman you really want to pair him with? This has disaster written all over it. 

• Members

Do you think Bill Bell created Victor as Y&R's version of Roger? I'm sure Y&R had villains before Victor, but I can't figure out which of the 1973-79 male characters could be considered a villain from what I've read about that era of Y&R online.

So the end is gonna come before the 50th anniversary in 2023 then?

• Members

God....watching Y&R and Joshua Morrow can't act!  He is one shitty actor. His scenes opposite MTS are just awful.

Seriously they are showing Reed getting his driver's license???...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lord Sally is one boring ass writer!

Archived