"Fresh Prince" alum Janet Hubert: Still Bitter After All These Years

amybrickwallace

• Members

I guess she just wants to try to rain on their parade. She blames Will Smith for blacklisting her in Hollywood, but doesn't seem to realize that her own comments haven't helped her cause.

Even Victoria Rowell has entered into other creative ventures since her messy breakup from Y&R. She played a judge in several episodes of SVU, and has written a couple of novels. Every time Ms. Hubert goes public, it is to spew venom at the FP cast and most especially Will Smith. She really needs to find something else to do.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She does. I hope she does. this bitterness comes off as arrogance as well IMO. It just makes her look petty to comment on something and at the very same time say that these people don't bother her and she is done with it. 

• Members

I'll admit her video calling out Will & Jada over the Oscars last year was funny, and perhaps accurate, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. And it's obvious she is quite the broken clock.

She didn't just burn her bridges, she charred them to the point that they belong in a barbecue pit now.

• Members

I think the fundamental difference is that VR, regardless of her faults, became who she is because of VR. She joined a huge hit soap and became one of its signature stars while also working on a popular primetime series. Victoria Rowell is famous because of Victoria Rowell.

Janet Hubert's only relevance to the world-at-large begins and ends with Will Smith and FPOBA. She has no way of escaping it. And the thing is, her portrayal of Vivian is just about universally praised. Whatever went on behind the scenes weighs so heavy that it overshadows the work and its impact, and that's saddening.

• Members

Frankly, I think the show did her an enormous favor by letting her go.  FPOBA, IMO, was mediocre.  Most of the regular cast was okay, but they were all forced to play second fiddle to Will [!@#$%^&*] Smith, who never met a spotlight that he didn't hog.

Archived