wingwalker

Y&R: Actress off contract

53 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Chloe as Kate was a terrible idea.

Liz Hendrickson is a solid actress who didn't need the propping & Chloe was a strong enough character (by that point) to stand on her own merit.

The unnecessary retcon ruined a potential legacy character and denied Y&R the opportunity for TWO viable younger leading female characters (which they were and still are in dire need of).

Which was karma for the way Y&R threw Mackenzie, Colleen, Lily & even Sharon WAY under the bus to prop EH/Chloe's useless

That Mac was terrible. So I didn't care overly much about that. I don't remember how colleen and Sharon were bussed for her. 

Clementine Ford wasn't a bad Mackenzie. It took her awhile to adapt to the pacing of daytime tv but once she got the hang of things she acquitted herself well and was definitely the best Mackenzie (after AshBash of course).

Tammin's Colleen (along with CK's Lily) spent a good portion of her last couple of years on the show devoted to fighting with Amber & Chloe over men. Sharon & Billy's affair was essentially to prop Chloe who had been written into a corner & was on the losing end of a couple of different relationships (Billy/Mackenzie, Cane/Lily) by that point.

A spoiler forum with no spoilers...

How is Chloe exiting the show?

I didn't like CF as Mac, she looked too old and harsh. Mac was never a particularly warm person but she was also not a corpse. She just suffered no fools.

Mac wasn't a corpse?  That's exactly what AshBash was. Just lifeless and I will NEVER understand...NEVER...get the fuss over her. She was lucky enough to be in good company with good younger actors but the center?  Insane!  

2 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Clementine Ford wasn't a bad Mackenzie. It took her awhile to adapt to the pacing of daytime tv but once she got the hang of things she acquitted herself well and was definitely the best Mackenzie (after AshBash of course).

Tammin's Colleen (along with CK's Lily) spent a good portion of her last couple of years on the show devoted to fighting with Amber & Chloe over men. Sharon & Billy's affair was essentially to prop Chloe who had been written into a corner & was on the losing end of a couple of different relationships (Billy/Mackenzie, Cane/Lily) by that point.

Clementine Ford was horrid. I wasn't sad to see the back of her.  

I normally agree with you on things. I agree that Mac was acting very OOC with the Billy/Chloe triangle. "I win and you lose", she said to Chloe while sleeping with her husband. It was sickening. So I agree. But Sharon sleeping with Billy was, as with all things Sharon around that time, more about propping up Phyllis by making Sharon look more pathetic by comparison. It wasn't about Chloe. 

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Mac wasn't a corpse?  That's exactly what AshBash was. Just lifeless and I will NEVER understand...NEVER...get the fuss over her. She was lucky enough to be in good company with good younger actors but the center?  Insane!  

Mac had great writing. Helped her alot. 

I agree that Mac was acting very OOC with the Billy/Chloe triangle. "I win and you lose", she said to Chloe while sleeping with her husband. It was sickening.

Exactly. But the insane Chloe propping started even earlier than that. Clementine spent the better part of a year literally just standing around as Chloe insulted Mackenzie & throwing tantrums over the close relationships Mackenzie had with several of the younger male characters on the canvas at the time.

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

But Sharon sleeping with Billy was, as with all things Sharon around that time, more about propping up Phyllis by making Sharon look more pathetic by comparison. It wasn't about Chloe. 

Oh I agree about it mainly being done to prop St. Giggly but the aftermath of the S/B affair also had Y&R positioning Chloe as the wronged wife which was almost as bad.

They through Emily O'Brien/Jana under the bus royally big time which is where my hatred for Kevin and Chloe comes from big time in addition to the two being an awful couple. 

I did enjoy Chloe her first year with the marriage to Cane and the nastiness to Lily, and her fling with Billy. However the moment they tried to make Chloe "nicer" it lost my interest completely. Chloe became a C character who was pretty much a sociopath. Why was I suppose to care about her and Ronan or her and Kevin? 

God, that Chance/Chloe/Ronan/Heather quad was really bad. So was Heather #2. Clearly MAB/Sheffer/Hamner at one of their worst moments of arrogance and bloated egos by pushing their unwarranted insipid pet projects and desires on an already weary, nauseated audience. 

38 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

They through Emily O'Brien/Jana under the bus royally big time which is where my hatred for Kevin and Chloe comes from big time in addition to the two being an awful couple.

I really liked Jana.  She was the only one of GRs pairings that worked.

2 hours ago, GMac said:

I really liked Jana.  She was the only one of GRs pairings that worked.

So, of course they had to get rid of her. Often, the soap industry makes terrible decisions.

7 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Exactly. But the insane Chloe propping started even earlier than that. Clementine spent the better part of a year literally just standing around as Chloe insulted Mackenzie & throwing tantrums over the close relationships Mackenzie had with several of the younger male characters on the canvas at the time.

Oh I agree about it mainly being done to prop St. Giggly but the aftermath of the S/B affair also had Y&R positioning Chloe as the wronged wife which was almost as bad.

It wasn't really an affair. It was a ONS the night before Billy's wedding to Chloe. The resulting 3 way WTD...all to make Phyllis look better. 

Yes, Chloe did play the wonged wife. You're right there. 

5 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

I did enjoy Chloe her first year with the marriage to Cane and the nastiness to Lily, and her fling with Billy. However the moment they tried to make Chloe "nicer" it lost my interest completely. Chloe became a C character who was pretty much a sociopath. Why was I suppose to care about her and Ronan or her and Kevin? 

God, that Chance/Chloe/Ronan/Heather quad was really bad. So was Heather #2. Clearly MAB/Sheffer/Hamner at one of their worst moments of arrogance and bloated egos by pushing their unwarranted insipid pet projects and desires on an already weary, nauseated audience. 

Really, really bad. Really. I didn't think the Heather character could get worse than with Eden Reigel. I was wrong. They proceeded to cast Jen Landon, whose Gwen Norbeck I despised on ATWT. Her entire run on Y&R, i was waiting for her to burst out in song. Thank God it didnt last long before the show gave up on the character. 

I could see Kate coming in as a sweet young thing who nonetheless resented being the maids daughter so did some scheming to get ahead.

Y&R made a mistake in bringing in Adam and Chloe too old instead of letting them be the next teen scene,where we could see them mature.

Same with Noah and Abby. Brought in too soon.

1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

I could see Kate coming in as a sweet young thing who nonetheless resented being the maids daughter so did some scheming to get ahead.

Y&R made a mistake in bringing in Adam and Chloe too old instead of letting them be the next teen scene,where we could see them mature.

Same with Noah and Abby. Brought in too soon.

Noah and Abby were aged twice