Days: Actress leaving...

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heh. Thirsty hoes.

I'll miss Nicole but I didn't like what she became when paired with Daniel and Zucker's desire to be paired with her real life lover over Vaughan irks me to no end. Zucker kind of soured me on Nicole but I'll say Ron writing Ericole and giving them their brief reunion has made me pretty happy as an Ericole fan. And he did a good job of making me sort of like Nicole again with her saying things that needed to be said. I also LOVE Brady blackmails her into leaving town (I don't really find that lame, but it seems like a quick exit, maybe Ron was writing with the hope Zucker would stay?). So damn soapy. I liked Brady and Nicole as besties but they never worked romantically IMHO.

• Members

I think it's lame for me not because she gets blackmailed...that I LOVE cuz so soapy...but it's a quick exit. Perhaps it's because I'm loving the Ericole stuff too much. But I guess I want Nicole to fight more for it. Does that make sense?

• Members

Yes it does. She's going out with a whimper. I get Ari's leaving and they have to write Nicole out, leaving it open-ended to return at some point, but the real Nicole would have never put up with Brady's blackmail. I wanted a bit more fire from her in their confrontations. I guess I can understand SOME whimpering because this was a pretty big turn in Brady towards her so I can sort of buy the shock and how she's willing to do this because she betrayed him but it's going out with a whimper. I agree that I'm slightly disappointed in that. And it does seem quick, we've known she's been leaving for what seems like a year, and to have Ericole reunite and Nicole leave all within a span of two weeks is a bit rushed.

• Members

Nicole left out in 2006 on a whimper as well and I almost figured we'd never see her again back then at the time. Sorry to see AZ's Nicole go out like this as well a second time after carrying A LOT of the show for the past decade, even in the most utterly ridiculous of stories. 

• Members

I'm thinking with the change of writers that planning her exit out fell to the backburner a bit because Ron C had a lot to change/modify.  I do think Brady and Nicole worked as friends and/or friends with benefits more so then romantic pairings.  I think the dark turn Brady has taken makes him blackmailing her make sense, but her leaving the way she has sounds like it makes sense.  She's gone through stuff, changed and softened...plus she doesn't want to lose her baby again so I totally understand her opting to accept the blackmail without fighting if it keeps her with her daughter.  

• Members

i think the show was probably fed up w/ her backstage antics, and were just like bye biotch! I personally feel like she should have left the show when she kidnapped the baby initially, and THAT should have been her exit... 

Archived