Days: Actress leaving...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shes had a good run and plenty of story.

Nicole is not vital to the canvas.

If shes chosen to go, all the better. Too many shows are saddled with long running actors/characters that are pass their use by date.

Gives Ron one less character to inherit and write for.

• Members

I totally agree. Who would have ever thought that she would've evolved into one of the show's leading ladies when she debuted as a bland waitress at Salem Place back in '98? From the moment they had Nicole drinking away her sorrows in her loveless marriage to Lucas, a star was born. I don't know the backstage politics of her and SC, GV, etc., but I know I always enjoyed Arianne as an actress and what she brought to the show. 

If I had to choose, I'd definitely choose Nicole/Daniel over Nicole/Eric (GV), so I'm on her side there. Greg Vaughn... he's okay, I guess, but he is just DEAD WOOD on screen. First as a soft-spoken moody priest, and now as a soft-spoken moody lumberjack/skinhead-leather-daddy/whatever-the-hell he is nowadays. 

• Members

You are so right about Nicole's loveless marriage of convenience to Lucas - it was the making of her. I can still recall Lucas giving Nicole a diamond necklace while she was naked in a jacuzzi - and she was miserable and I instantly felt a little sorry for this gold digger. She's probably the last non legacy family character the show created that worked. A 19 year run, I almost can't believe it.

For me, her best screen partner was John Aniston - I will always remember Nicole strutting into Greta's coronation wearing a knockoff of Jennifer Lopez's Versace Grammy dress. 

Archived