GH: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is nothing wrong with multiple cliffhangers if they make sense and not done for just shock value. Marland was good at multi cliffhangers on ATWT and let's not forget primetime soaps had them all over the place in their season finales.

• Members

Cliff hanger...as if they are going to blow up the hospital. Sorry, I just see more hack crap from Pissmelly. They brought back Olivia and turned her into the run of the mill psycho like Jerry Jacks, slipping from one location to another, tying people up and overpowering people left and right.

Bloated Jason dragging Anna (cancer patient Anna) to that ridiculous Blue Elevator...O_O  

McPain,Steven,Caleb,Silas Finn's drug dependency story has been horribly written, and Easton "Hamm"ing it up as he tries to be taken seriously doesn't help.

As for the custody trial, why wasn't Ninny's kidnapper past brought up? Her time in mental hospitals?  For a shark, Diane didn't go for the obvious. Also, why did they waste Laura on scenes with Ninny?

Julian running around as if he were a hero of some sorts was laughable

• Members

Though neither brought GH stellar ratings, I liked both Marcus and Palumbo.  Marcus was the first writer since Marland to truly give characters like Steve, Audrey, and Jessie some decent scenes, and the fact that both Mr. Carlivati and Jelly have used so much of Palumbo's old story material for the present speaks for itself.

I never thought about Olivia J and her possible boy-toy collection--hey, maybe she has Morgan locked up somewhere as a willing sex slave!   That idea isn't any less campy than Casey the Space Alien! 

I was never a fan of Casey the Space Alien yet that story had heart. Olivia was always obsessed with Duke. But that didn't stop her from having a brief romance with Colton Shore. An usually pairing that worked. Sadly Olivia was resurrected to make her lame big bro Julian look good. After terrorizing Alexis and even trying to kill her lame ass. What little i saw last week was atrocious and embarrassing.

• Members

I agree that a big part of the OJ return has been a transparent effort to rehabilitate the character of Julian's image that most viewers will simply not forgive.  However, I have still enjoyed Olivia J's return.  This time, the writers made good use of history and used it to tremendous advantage.  While it is true that under Marcus/Palumbo, Olivia was not a comic book villain, if you view the old footage, the character of Victor Jerome, Olivia J. and Julian's father was.  So, now as the "elder Jerome", perhaps Olivia J. has taken over his spot.

• Members

I turned on my TV the moment some guy shot at Alexis and for whatever the case maybe I decided to watch the rest of the show.  The first time since the shows 50th.

This show is SH!T!  For anyone who thinks Y&R is bad needs to see this show and if they still feel the production values and writing is bad they need to get there eyes and ears checked.  Good GOD. 

• The sound is atrocious.  Late 20's talkies had better sound.
  • The lighting is blinding.  I'm surprised nobody is sweating bullets.
  • The writing is insulting.  Really, how the hell could that guy shoot the hand cuffs in the middle of the chain?  Not to mention how much time passed between the moment he did fire and the moment they revisited.  If anything, they should have had the follow up directly AFTER the commercial break.

I've always said that I don't care about production values as long as the show is watchable.  It isn't.  It gives me a migraine.  I'd rather watch 'Peaback Guiding Light'.  In fact, and I never, ever, thought I'd say this but I do think JFP should return as a co-EP because the show's production values were watchable. 

Oh,  and 'Jelly' makes  McTavish seem superior than Doug Marland by comparison.

• Members

It appears that the Olivia Jerome story was wrapped up and I was sorry to see TW leave.  The wrap-up was less than spectacular, though.  Carly was talking too much while holding the gun on OJ, so, viewers knew that someone was going to prevent her from pulling the fatal trigger.  I did call one thing right--the writers did miss the Lucy Coe connection with OJ.  I know alot of people didn't care for it, but I liked this story and thought it was fun.  I really can't think of anything else going on with the show right now that will similarly hold my interest, except for maybe seeing how they are going to handle JE's impending departure.

• Members

The lighting is absolutely terrible. It's so harsh, especially when women are in the scene.

The whole GH evacuation last week was laughable. I know these shows are on limited budgets, but can't they afford to hire a few extras to give the impression that the hospital has staff and patients? 

• Members

Awesome!  I am so glad they brought Olivia Jerome back from the dead.  Speaking of bringing back the dead, I've often wondered why they don't bring the character of Cheryl Stansbury back from that same era.  She was Julian's true love, not Alexis.  And it would give RC and JZ both something to do, that's for sure.  I think alot of viewers would love for JZ to have a real story.  I know I would. 

Archived