DAYS: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why didn't they just play out the Eli/David reveal after the funeral.  Those episodes were actually watchable and it would have been more compelling to follow through after all these months dropping Valerie in once every other week; then they cast Eli and have him on for basically one episode until he reveals the secret to Julie at Brady pub - weeks later amidst the horrid Hal/Kayla/Jade hospital scenes.    Ken: this is what you wrought with Dena!  Send her back to Florida to pray with other crazy red state Republicans.  Lawd.  Her crap will make Carlivati's stories look like Shakespeare. And then there are no words for the belly dancing scenes, no words.

Brava to Susan Seaforth Hayes for her outstanding scenes though!  What a treasure.

James Lastovic.  Why? Why? Why?  Who's his sugar daddy behind the scenes keeping him employed??

• Members

For me what's bringing the show down is Ciarra/Claire/Theo. Rafe and Hope. Thank God they aren't on much. I also wish they wouldn't have made Chloe seem so awful in this baby story.  Unfortunately the show is sort of dreary overall. I don't know if it's the lighting or what.

• Members

You know, that's exactly what's sad with the state of soaps today. Like those Valerie/Eli reveal scenes, I *know*  Vanessa Williams can bring it, but they've got to crank out so many scenes in a short time, there's no time to prepare. So each scene starts with dry tears and is given barely a chance to get emotionally deep. When you read actor interviews nowadays (especially those who were part of the genre decades ago), they all stress about how the pace has changed dramatically and there's no time to prepare, rehearse, or think about what you're doing. I know they're trying their hardest to stay afloat and make the show as financially sound as possible, but it's really affecting the overall product. It's strange to be a soap viewer and have to "allow" so much leeway. 

• Members

I think it's a fake flashback to when they were in high school? I'm not sure though, I tend to zone out for those scenes.

Eli meeting the Horton family was nice, even Lucas was included. I did roll my eyes a little when Julie was explaining to Eli that interracial couples had a hard time back when, as if he didn't know that already, but good enough.

Looks like they were chem testing Eli and Gabi. But i found that Eli had more chemistry with his second cousin Abby. I hope basic & bland Gabi isn't going to devour yet another male member of the Horton clan.  Oh WOW! Another appearances of Fancy Face's bathroom

Please register in order to view this content

With Rafe in the bathtub covered in bubble's.  I'm not a fan of that shady hacky queen RC but his stuff has to be better than DH.

Archived