Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nick has had little to no chemistry with Avery, Sag, and now Chelsea. Maybe it's because they shoved all three down our throats. I have always enjoyed Jessica Collins and MCE, but their overexposure is probably my reason for disliking the pairings. Didn't Nick have sex with Diane and Christine?  

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot blame you for wanting to erase that from your memory. I happily forget, every now and then, along with the Victor pairing.

So glad I wasn't watching at that time. I missed almost all of Maura West's run as Diane, though I later saw some clips online.

• Members

Oh, if you care to look, you'll still catch me over there correcting ignorance 😑...and stanning 

On Twitter calling out double standards and stupidity 😑...and stanning even harder

But it's just not the done thing here. 😂

Diane, yes. On the floor at the ranch when she was married to Victor and collared like a dog by him using some huge gaudy necklace. 

Christine, no. They kissed one day. It was very random if I recall correctly. 

• Members

I remember there was a discussion/debate on this board when it was 'spoiled' that there was an upcoming storyline featuring Lauren and trouble for Fenmore's. 

Some thought it was a storyline that was years too late but some of us (myself included) argued that there were still retail stores that were struggling and closing, so it was still very topical.

In my imagination, Fenmore's is less like a change of department stores and more aking to a Fred Segal type of boutique. Still, the problems that Fenmore's is supposedly having are similar to the kinds of problems that are common to all struggling retail stores.

Which makes me wonder...did Lauren even try going to the bank to get a loan? Fenmore's has been in business for a long time, wouldn't she have had clout enough to be considered for a loan?

• Members

Nope. Jack & Billy.

In the last decade Sharon has married (or had affairs with) three separate sets of brothers (Nick & Adam, Nick & Dylan, Jack & Billy) and/or their fathers (she married Victor TWICE) & even dipped her foot in the Chancellor family by marrying Tucker too!

• Members

Considering that Sally had no real stories to continue, I cut her slack on some of the business details. I was optimistic when Phyllis her longtime friend was pulled from Aunt Jack's orbit and it was two smart women taking control of the situation, I was pleased. But then when it became about The Worm and the disgusting steamroom scenes etc. 

• Members

To be fair Sharon wasn't the only one getting married/dating/having affairs like crazy over the past decade.

Paul, Jack, Nick, Ashley, Neil, Jill, JT, Victoria, Colleen, Billy, Adam, Phyllis & Brad were all married and/or dated quite a bit.

Neil, alone, went from 2 marriages (to the same woman), a broken engagement (to a different woman) and a trio of brief romantic entanglements over a 16 year span to 3 marriages (with three separate women), a broken engagement (with another woman) and several affairs/flings (with EVEN MORE assorted women) over the past decade.

To say nothing of Nikki & Victor (who have become the most married man & woman, respectively, in Daytime History).

• Members

Talk about abusing the characters!

Those insta marriages and relationships that lead nowhere really do a number on the overall show.

Makes you realise what Sally is facing in trying to repair the damage and have these characters in viable stories.

Archived