Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's very odd. You would think that Chris' work in government would provide more contacts than perhaps even Victor. 

Is it me, or does anyone else notice than whenever Lauren has gotten a storyline lately, it's been hijacked by other characters?  She never has any agency in her own storylines.

• Members

Theme for Friday US - The Weak & the Victims. Maybe it's me, but every single story took strong, smart women and made them so incredibly passive.  Abby needs Victor's advice (ok), but Abby was 'too frazzled' during previous negotiations unsure if she can pull it off (bad). Lauren reduced to mushy, weak shrill needing Michael/Victor to save her and tell her she 'needs to eat;' Chelsea ready to cave because of Faith! needs Nick to remind her he's an adult and will move the relationship forward; David Sherman is driving Jill to divorce and file charges; Ashley apologizing to Jack when he did nothing to make Fenmore's acquisition profitable; Phyllis' one-way Jack 'I'm glad you're happy' - not reciprocated. I'll give Jill/Murphy a pass. The crazy thing is that all the scenes could've been flipped where the female character is driving it and would work so much better. 

• Members

The day JM succeeds in an on-screen pairing with anyone who isn't Sharon Case is the day I will drop dead from shock.  (And no, I'm not a Shick fan OR a Phick fan, so don't go there.)

Actually, Soapsuds, people hooking up with their exes' siblings is nothing new for Y&R.  Hell, that's pretty much what the first ten or so years of the show were all about!

• Members

I think the reason I don't care about Nick and Chelsea is because I'm kinda over Nick and I HATE Chelsea. Putting them together kills two birds with one stone and gives Sharon time to herself. Ideally I'd like Nick and Sharon to reunite but for now this is a good filler pairing to pass the time as a C story.

• Members

TEB was not always this awful though. I think over the years her skillset has atrophied from lack of proper use. 

Not to boast on myself, I could've written a much better Fenmore's story than this and I would've timed this kidnap/hostage story much later in an active Fenmore's arc (Fenmore's story seems dead, at this time). 

Much of this has nothing to do with TEB's acting, it's poor writing. 

I also wonder if TEB knows its a floptastic story and her acting is in response. She's had some pretty bad stories over the last decade (when she's had them at all).

Just a thought.

Archived