Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

You know....I am not so sure hevon will reunite or that Hilary gets pregnant. This may all be to push Devon to move on.  They might really try it with Mariah and Devon. Not sure where that'll leave Hilary though. Maybe the folks who wanted Hilary as a young Jill will get it afterall while Mariah gets the long term love pairing as heroine with Devon. 

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no way Y&R is seriously pairing Devon up with a white woman.

He & Mariah will "date" as they are now until Y&R pairs Mariah with Kevin again

If Y&R doesn't hire another actress of color in the next six months Hevon is definitely reuniting.

• Members

Both Jill & Kay were entitled to the name Chancellor, and at least half of the Chancellor assets in a divorce, or natural death. But Kay got it all because she murdered the man.

Katherine's children & grandchildren did have the same rights as Jill's children & grandchildren in Kay's will. In fact Devon got more than anyone else.  And legally she was able to leave CI to Victor. And it was all because she got away with a crime.

But the legal part is over.  Morally all rights go to Jill, Phillip III, and Chance. I think that's why Pratt allowed Jill to buy it. Everyone is paid out now. Devon doesn't have every right now. He has his legal settlement, 2.5 billion dollars, and no moral right to anything else. Nothing was taken from him or any of his blood. The only ones who might have a case is Mac, baby Dylan, & Brock. They were Kay's blood and ripped off. But they would go after Devon's larger share of $$$ as much as anything Jill or Victor got from Kay. 

• Members

When was the last time Y&R made a SERIOUS attempt at an interracial pairing that didn't include Cane and/or Lily?

Mariah may not be a Newman by blood but she's Newman adjacent *and* played by a beloved vet so there's no way they'd "waste" her on Devon.

Hevon is it for Devon unless Y&R hires another actress of color. Hilary has a few more options but all of them end with her losing to white women.

• Members

It was a mystery type thing where we saw CKs hand. Word was the show was going to make Tyler's ex a Lily doppelganger. But in the end the show decided to use CG. 

But Tyler and Mariah were never an onscreen couple. He faded away after he broke up with Abby.

JFP admitted in an interview she thought Tyler and Abby needed some help. That didn't help one bit. 

• Members

@cattykittens was it your suggestion that Chance return?  How old is Chance? That might be a good one.

I've been saying for ages (along with a lot of other posters) that Jill ought to be actively running CI- one of the many reasons is that being the longest running character on Y&R and having her entire adult story of up from working class origins play out onscreen, Jill should be a prominent character. As a character who has business savvy and experience, she should be captain of industry with every bit as much of a central role as Victor or Jack.

Chance being her grandson and a Chancellor would  be a good way to strengthen that legacy. Chance being a veteran, there could definitely be a chance for good meaningful relevant conversations with Scotty, if they've both been to the Middle East.

It would be interesting to Chance transition into civilian life, if he hasn't already and take on responsibility at CI. And it would be a great opportunity to have Nina return, even for brief storyline arcs, perhaps she and Jill can mix it up if Nina feels Jill is putting too much too soon on Chance, while Jill feels that, veteran that Chance is, can surely handle the pressures of corporate life.

On the romantic life, there could be good opportunity for a character like Mariah or even Abby but Mariah tends to have ready chemistry with most characters (except Kevin) but Chance could mingle with everyone.

The only problem is, I don't trust these writers to do right by these characters or tell their stories very well.

• Members

I didn't like Jill's exit storyline, it was pretty pointless to be honest. However, I can believe Jill wanting to be with Colin. Most of us are acting like people are rational beings. When you get older, you tend to stop being picky, especially when you've spent years with someone. It's not that easy to restart your life as we are making it out to be. Relationships are complicated. No 2 are alike. I'm not saying the writing was on point to illustrate it, but from a realistic perspective I can buy it. It's not like Jill didn't know that Colin was a con man, she did and accepted him.

I also like Jack and Gloria. They're fun. Jack already slept with Jill who slept with John, so it's not new territory. 

• Members

I hope they just let Victoria continue to be an absolute malcontent.

None of this "Billy, no!" BS, being a 40 year old ingenue does not work for the character on any level. She's starting to remind me of Meredith Grey, who I hated for a good decade, until I accepted that she was a completely miserable person. Like last week Meredith's sister tells her

Please register in order to view this content

and Meredith didn't change her expression one iota. It was amazing.

Archived