Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow is the word!  What a sh!tty storyline. Jill shouldn't have returned for this mess. Why did they put Jess Walton in the opening credits if she was leaving? Colin and Jill as a couple is an utter complete joke. Awful Awful Awful story!!

We usually disagree but I agree with you 100%. Wasting the viewers time on this horrid story!  I guess Jill forgot about Fenmores after throwing a big hissy fit over it?? Sally needs her walking papers like yesterday!

• Members

Looking back I do agree that the story was handled poorly now that we know she was going to be leaving. I would've still had the letter from Katherine and closure from her relationship with Phillip, but instead of having Colin spend all her money, they should've given HIM the serious medical crisis if the intention was to write them off together. They could've had a suspicion of him stealing her money, but in the end he was trying to protect the secret of his health, then you could spin off another story once you reveal who DID steal her money. That would've also set up a nice story for when she returns.

• Members

Yep.

So?

No.

I think Sally Sussman could have retconned the retcon (of the retcon), undo Jill being Lauren's half-sister, and have Jill leave GC indefinitely in order to trace her origins.  Then, if/when she returns, Jill COULD reveal she's Bill Foster's daughter after all, but by his chick on the side.

• Members

Why do you think that? She didn't say that, or insinuate it in any way. If anything, Tristan Roger's tweet says the exact opposite. I don't think he would have tweeted that they were both off the show if it was something Jess Walton wanted.

The only time Jess "said" she wanted time for her family/grandchildren was when MAB didn't want to renew her contract. Jess is a team player and didn't want to make waves so she left peacefully with that comment. But as soon as she returned with JFP she stated in an interview that she left because Y&R wasn't interested in Jill anymore. But besides that ONE comment, YEARS AGO, under the MAB regime, which everyone seemed to think would never end, she has never in any way stated she wants off, or wants to work less. If anything she's always been excited about any story she gets.

It felt like the story was cut short. Maybe Jill was going to take Colin back in the end, but not that quickly. In one day Jill has a bucket list, forgives Colin, and leaves town???????

Please register in order to view this content

Horrible ending, and rather abrupt, especially for Sally who like to go on and on with dialog. I have to think we didn't see the planned end to the story. Somebody cut it short for some reason.

I have to think someone has an issue with the way the writer's want to end Jill's stories. The music box story, the Rachel Bernson story, and Kay's necklace story were all stopped in their tracks.

• Members

Gloria: "Come on Jack. You have o admit I've become an asset inside and outside of the office. Whatever you need I do". 

Please register in order to view this content

Dear God in heaven why must this show rub our noses this couples sex life?

• Members

To learn this is JW's exit makes the story completely perplexing. I like this idea or basically anything that made Colin a reformed good guy - someone who stood by Jill's side - not cheat her and then 'win' his way back. There was so much wrong here from both a storytelling and a character perspective. Sally really is terrible. So now Ester is going to be all alone in the mansion? What was the point of that?

• Members

YAY! Good to know, that would have been one horrible exit story. 

Still don't understand the ending. For the most part I enjoyed the story. It accomplished what Katherine's funeral & will ignored, some closure between Jill & Katherine's life long relationship.

It was a great idea to go back to the very beginning, right to the heart of their feud....Phillip Chancellor. He married Jill on his deathbed to provide for her and his unborn son, but as soon as he died Katherine stripped everything away, so I got some satisfaction out of Jill's happiness with Phillip's ring. Of course it would have been better if Kay gave her Chancellor Industries too, but since she already had that what could they do? I also would have played the full flashback of Katherine driving Phillip off that cliff. It was never an accident, that's just what Kay deluded herself into believing. Phillip begged to get out and she purposely stepped on the accelerator and drove him off that cliff.  It really would have helped "newer" viewers, who never knew the nasty Katherine of the early days, understand the basis of their feud. But I suppose they couldn't do that after spending all those years turning her into the Grand Dame.

But why does Jill take Colin back so fast?  She was still beaming from gazing at Phillip's ring on her finger. She wasn't needy. And where is all this traveling money coming from? Didn't Colin just take it all? At the very least his investment should've come through so he could pay her back, with all those profits he promised, before they reunited and left town.

Archived