Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was so so.  Not bad, not great.

I actually like the opera stuff and the montage at the end of the episode.  

The Phyllis/Scott stuff was not good, I hope this isn't a future pairing.  They simply don't work.  The actor in the role is attractive and pretty fuckin sexy.  Give him other options than Phyllis' Grand Central Station uterus.  Lauren smothering Scott is... idk.  Something seems off to me.  

Now Juliet...she has the potential to be an interesting bad girl.  DG was painful to watch today.  The worst hangover in history.  Why is he still on this show?

We all knew that a Transformed Ravi was coming and here he is.  I think he was cuter with the glasses :-)

• Members

I don't like Cane, but I actually didn't mind DG that much today. I think he's a credible actor.

Really not liking the Scotty/Lauren/Phyllis stuff and agree that Scotty and Phyllis failed today's chem test. I'm really over Phyllis at this point.

• Members

Ha...and I actually liked Phyliss and Scotty. The setup was lame as hell. Scotty not knowing how to make a blog. Really?? He is a skilled writer and he doesn't know how to start up a blog??.....Whatever

They sure were laying it thick with Ravi. I've never seen any chemistry whatsoever with Ashley. Even Nikki telling Ashley how great he was just icing on the cake. Never will care for them as a couple.

Cane needs to go away and we got exposed to his grandpa boobs again....yuck.

Lily needs protection so Mr. Photograph stays overnight....ok whatever...pure plot so Cane can walk in on them....

The previews for tomorrow's show looked awful with Cane and daddy and Gloria back again.....

• Members

Gloria hasn't been on everyday, and the show needs an antagonist so her presence isn't that much of a turn off for me.  Granted, there have been times that they have used her too much but not so much right now.

Everyone can't be a goody two shoes or fan favorites.  

• Members

Pretty much over the whole Soapsuds jihad against SSM. Dissenting opinion is all well and good if communicated in a respectful manner, but when it turns completely vitriolic, there's only so much that can be tolerated before the line gets drawn.

He and JONNYSBRO sound exactly like each other nowadays, hence why they are both on my ignore list. Certainly makes my thread reading that tad more bearable.

• Members

Yet, you talk about me even though you have me in ignore. Don't really give a damn. I guess I shall come in here and say who I have on ignore. But I won't. There are other posters here less respectful to others. I've never bashed anyone for liking the show. The show is bad and I am going to continue saying it whether you like or not. It's a boring mess of a soap with nothing going on featuring the same useless repetitive characters like Victoria and Billy.....Cane.....Cane's Dad and others. Sally promised good old Bell days and she hasn't produced.

And If you think the show is so great ....name one great story going on right now or one that lasts more than three weeks or has any damn build up.

• Members

That could be said about many in the cast now. Lauren was suppose to get a big story that would take her back to her roots. I am still waiting for that story.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Could be especially if SS and MY don't feel as if they have the clout that a Bill Bell Sr. had to go up against the networks and hold his ground.

Y&R seems to like to maintain a sort of patriarchy in their storytelling over the last 10 years, with the men in the dominant storyline positions (Victor, Jack).  If there is a change toward characters like Jill and Lauren having the A storylines there may be some resistance to that from the network.

It seems sad and ridiculous that this would happen in a medium that has historically had a large female audience but there it seems to be.

Archived