Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will the stories be as nonexistent as they were in February? Did Y&R actually have a February sweeps? Well Sally Sussman actually write a long drawn out great story for one of its vets that doesn't involve her pets? Find out this month on The Boring & The Restless.

• Members

Eww...they are boring couple and I see Faith is on tomorrow calling Nick and lying to him so that he will stay away from Chelsea....this soap is a hot mess. This is the same person who didn't want anything to do with her parents so she went to live with her grandparents.

• Members

Victor supposedly has all these connections and he gets Kevin to help out?....Bwahahahaha....terrible!!  I hate Colin!  And poor TEB is overacting again.

Now I know why she wasn't hired the first time.

• Members

Guess who didnt hire her in 2014 it was JFP. I realize now she was right had she hired her ratings would have fallen. Reason she hired Pratt. Heck i could use a Pratt tornado now. I think Sally will have a short stay at YR. I predict by May or June she will be gone.

• Members

I'll be surprised if she is still around next February sweeps. The stuff with Billy and Victoria with their son today was downright bad...awful ....cringeworthy.

Remember when she first started and people didn't like her stuff. Add to that more hate for her stories and continued ratings drops will only lead to her firing soon.

• Members

I was on vacation for alot of the week last week, and only saw a few minutes between Monday and today.  Colin finds a ring (another surprise from Katherine I guess?)...and will just double cross Jill again. ??  Yawn.  Lauren traipsing from house to house beggin' for money - and I saw today screetching at Victor (who will never be redeemed to me)....about how to handle getting Scott back...?  Screetching at the person that is putting up the money?  I saw Lily in scanty clothes with Cain again....and turned it off.  What is going on - on this show?  I'm a writer for a company but it's Marketing...and I could do better than this.  Hell, I think any of us could give it a better whirl than this.  It's one thing to spend a little time getting characters back to stability, a little quieting down, but it's time for something to happen.  There hasn't been anything really building at all for a story on this show. 

The ratings are reflecting it.  I'm not the only one who is back to barely watching after re-joining 3 and a half or 4 years ago.  The positive is that they had some room to lose some viewers compared to other shows and every other show is pretty much biting it far worse than Y&R is (save B&B but even that's dropped recently - I'm at the same stage with that show - 5 minutes here or there).  The negative is that they're taking every opportunity they can to lose more viewers.  I was shocked to read DAYS got another year extension...it's sad to watch the remaining 4 go down in flames whether I ever watched 2 of them or not.

Archived