This is upsetting. The show needed a strong leading man in his age range and the character was good as was his chemistry with the ladies. The writing destroyed him from day one and he never had a shot. It makes me upset because this isn't like David Chow where the character sucked and the actor didn't fit onto the show. He fit perfectly on DAYS! I cannot wait for Higley's terrible writing to be done. She is a nightmare.

I, too, wish they had attempted to pair him with Adrienne.  IDK if VI and JE would have been as successful together as they were on GL.  But it still was worth a try.

3 hours ago, Khan said:

I, too, wish they had attempted to pair him with Adrienne.  IDK if VI and JE would have been as successful together as they were on GL.  But it still was worth a try.

at the very least they could have had Adrienne march right into the Kiriakis estate and give Deimos hell for the way he was treating her son. If the chemistry was still there then run with it and if it wasn't then move on...but there was plenty of reason for them to have at least interacted. 

On 2/15/2017 at 4:17 PM, AlexElizabeth said:

No surprise here. I wonder who they'll put Nicole with next.

On 2/15/2017 at 4:50 PM, John said:

Brady???

RMrmQxa.gif

14 hours ago, Melroser said:

at the very least they could have had Adrienne march right into the Kiriakis estate and give Deimos hell for the way he was treating her son. If the chemistry was still there then run with it and if it wasn't then move on...but there was plenty of reason for them to have at least interacted. 

Yeah, that was another mistake. They never interacted. There was a good amount of buzz around just a photo of them together (which spoiled Freddie's return). I think they could have and should have, done something very different with Deimos.

His exit was written on the wall almost from the start. Shame. Another actor DAYS wasted.

9 hours ago, Cheap21 said:

RMrmQxa.gif

:lol: my eyes!!!!

I don't get VI. I mean, he looks great for almost 60. But I've never seen his appeal in any of the soap roles I've watched him play (Nick, David Hayward, David Chow, or this one). Well, I guess I could see the appeal of the young Lujack from old clips, but that was 30 years ago. He just seems so dry and humorless. Maybe I just hated Nick McHenry and that prejudiced me against him.

19 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I don't get VI. I mean, he looks great for almost 60. But I've never seen his appeal in any of the soap roles I've watched him play (Nick, David Hayward, David Chow, or this one). Well, I guess I could see the appeal of the young Lujack from old clips, but that was 30 years ago. He just seems so dry and humorless. Maybe I just hated Nick McHenry and that prejudiced me against him.

For me, VI's portrayal of David Hayward was appealing because there was always that layer of deep vulnerability. It was a constant grief over his life's losses that I think ultimately drove a lot of what the character did. VI knew how to walk the fine line between tortured villain and cartoon villain.

I give up on SON, how do I make a status update?

It shouldn't be this hard, I shouldn't have to ask

15 minutes ago, SFK said:

I give up on SON, how do I make a status update?

It shouldn't be this hard, I shouldn't have to ask

I have to refresh a few times and then click on the box at the top of the status area.