Rowell settles lawsuit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People in her position are always portrayed as crazy when they speak out about racial issues, it's not just her. Thats the best way to neutralize her. The things she's said and done haven't benefited her, they've only caused her to lose work opportunities, but without her Susan Dansby would not be employed at Y&R and I strongly believe Hilary, Mason and the other black actor they had were all hired due to her advocacy at the time. If she were crazy Kristoff St. John and Bryton wouldn't have been suspended from working when they spoke out on the treatment of black characters years back. Why is it the white actors can critique their storylines without being suspended? Miss me with the crazy stuff forever and for always. This is not just about Rowell.

• Members

Wait, they were suspended for speaking out? I didn't know that. Good lord.

Dru is the only character who I can think of whose return would both impact the ratings and revitalize the canvas. I can just imagine her and Gina Tognoni's Phyllis sparing. Watching Dru get caught up on the FUCKERY that's happened (in her family, let alone the rest of Genoa City) in the last 10 years would be everything.

• Members

The timing of Susan Dansby's hiring definitely coincides with when VRs lawsuit was getting loads of attention, so I fully agree. That Nate that they didn't do anything with was also hired when VR had a bigger audience. Always felt like that was why. It definitely had nothing to do with creative decisions being that they had zero plans for the character.  I always think that the show plays lip service to diversity and she pushed them to do more. Even off canvas, she kept Neil more relevant than he'd otherwise have been. They weren't interested in him. 

Both KSJ and BJ have been backburned after comments. Wasn't that Bryton who used the term "block box" on twitter? He disappeared after. 

• Members

Oh I see. So now that I know her legal fee's weren't even paid it makes me think even more that she'll be back. Her career is fine, she has The Bay coming up, The Rich and the Ruthless pilot film and she's doing films regularly as well. I just don't believe she would drop it for nothing. My guess is that Sussman spoke to peak at CBS and mentioned a desire to use her which also could help end the lawsuit as well. It's a win-win for everybody. I find it telling Neil is the only character who hasn't been touched since she joined th eshow. They haven't chemistry tested him with anyone or done anything other than supporting his family. Sussman and Alden are both big fans of Kristoff St. John so it isn't normal unless there is a secret plan i.e. Dru's return.

• Members

I don't see it as boring. I still enjoy the show mostly day-to-day and I see the stories building to something and taking interesting turns. I also like that she's using the vast majority of the cast. Right now you can still see her putting characters into place to further her stories and I like that. I think once you reach the typical six month point where you give a HW a review that the show will be just fine.

Archived