Rowell settles lawsuit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because she's certifiable regardless of race and she didn't do anything to advance the cause of Black actors anywhere.  No other show would touch her.  Soaps are notorious for hiring and maintaining difficult actors.  If a show thought they could handle her particular brand of narcissistic crazy, they would have signed her on.  She also worked in night time.. Why weren't the contracts coming from those producers.  

• Members

Because she's a black woman in hollywood who actually acknowledged the rampant racism and she didn't go about it in the right way. How dare she.

She "crazy" but she ain't wrong.

The only people in the cast that I think would not welcome her back are Peter Bergman and Christel Khalil and neither is worth one Victoria Rowell. Sorry.

• Members

These shows that have a hard enough time writing for black characters without the status or calibre of talent of VR didn't hire her?! Gasp! You don't say. 

Jeanne Cooper has sadly passed and sorely missed and she stole every scene she was in. I don't know who else you could possibly be talking about.

• Members

All Judith Chapman does is bug out her eyes. That's old and tired; didn't one of the Marx Brothers do that?

I feel pretty much the same way about both Brenda Dickson and Victoria Rowell. No doubt they have legitimate grievances but it's really too bad it's all wrapped in so many confusing layers of crazy.

• Members

I didn't get the JC reference either...that says it all. I like JC and find her gloria amusing, but she's no Victoria Rowell. 

I think CK has grown alot. She seems to now understand the hole her careerless, uterusless character has been placed in. Surely, she understands what having a popular mature true lead character who can drive story for a mother means for Lily's story. Hell, the only reason lily was paired with Daniel was because of the drama between Drucilla and Phyllis. And once Dru died , they quickly ended it for Amber. 

PB needs to be put out your pasture any damn way. He doesn't count. They don't have to share airtime. 

• Members

VR is far from crazy. I've actually had two separate discussions with her regarding diversity and other matters a few years ago - she saw one of my tweets - PM'd me and then we went to email. She is incredibly knowledgeable and polite. Hollywood likes to preach to 'middle America' about diversity and other so-called liberal causes (like gun control), but they do the exact opposite. I hope she returns to Y&R

After what happened to CK a few years ago - being sent to audition for another Y&R role - I bet she views things a lot differently than 10 years ago. PB - who cares - they all need to buck up and deal. Life is too darned short. 

Archived