Y&R Debuts New Opening Credits

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish GH would do a new one. It's so cheap and lazy. I mean at least they eventually update who's on there, if you're fast enough to catch it or pause it. You can never even really see who's on the right hand side. Anywho, that rant over ....

LOVE the new opening! Class all the way. However the font for the cast names? TRAGIC. I could do that on my own computer. It makes it look fan made.

Davidson's pose is everything

Please register in order to view this content

And I wouldn't read into the credits. Someone could be added and then fired a week later. One doesn't really equal the other. And at this point, they're better off trying to make Abby work rather than recast yet again.

• Members

The problem with openings like this is that the next time they add a new cast member the lighting and camera quality will not match. See ATWT's opening from the early 2000s, if you weren't a part of the original photo shoot your shots look like crap.

• Members

Yep. I know. It's unfortunate that a character like Abby will never be more than supporting. This is the future lead of your show. Sigh. Oh well. But I don't know that recasting would work either. You could probably find an actress to knock it out of the park but is the writing for Abby even there. Would it matter? They aren't even bothering with her. Poor actress or not.

LOL so true

• Members

AW's last opening was BAD for that. The new cast additions after RKK all being shot on videotape was so JARRING when the rest were on film stock. And by the end they just kept clipping the intro shorter and shorter because they knew it looked bad. Shameful.

Personally, I like the new intro, but agree, it looks a bit too college-student-fan-used-Final Cut-for-his-end-of-year-project for me. And keeping Michelle Stafford's headless body shot was kinda pointless, but...*shrug*, it's still miles better than any intro they've had since the late 90s (hated the 1999 p*rn intro as well).

• Members

too modern. I kind of wish they had kept a black/white filter. The visuals just dont match the classic audio

One thing I noticed that at least based off that one, it had tons of vets. And yes even CKLily is a vet at this point. Y&R has a sense of familiarity with its actors 

• Members

Agreed. Headless Woman Walking, as we probably all know, is Michelle Stafford back when the producers thought she was the end-all and be-all of the show. Since she was excised from Y&R in less-than-amicable circumstances (after she threw a tantrum over screen partners and JFP), they should have nixed these 3 seconds from the opening and just shown the YR paint stroke being drawn in.

Love the background paint effects, though, and while the lighting may not be fabulous, I think these shots are MILES better than the boring ABC ones JFP had done. I will never get over the way JFP tried to generify Y&R into some sub-ABC bland mess.

Archived