How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just a question: Is it possible that reading those day-ahead write-ups lessens your enjoyment of the episodes you do watch? If I stumble on some next-day story development on Twitter or here (without looking for it), it does lessen the enjoyment of the show for me. Those moments are seen and experienced differently.

I understand your wanting to save time for other shows, but I actually think you might enjoy the episodes you watch more if you didn't have an outline of what would happen. I rue the day when soaps decided that spoilers were a good thing.

• Members

+1. And Sally's excuse can't be "the show was so damaged" because this is why she and the Great Kate were brought in, right?  The characters are dull and there is literally nothing going on. I will say it again, it's seriously time to consider retiring Vicky. AH, the corpse that she is, is not worth the airtime she's getting. 

• Members

I think she needs a co-head writer. She's never been a HW known for high ratings or big quality moments. Of course we can say that the show shouldn't care about ratings losses and that will take a long time to fix, which I can agree with, but I think they need to make some big onscreen changes now rather than kicking the can. I don't believe that the show has such incredible viewer touchstones that the audience will revolt if some of them are written out. If they were that awesome the ratings wouldn't keep steadily declining. 

• Members

The ratings were also much higher with some of these same folks getting just as much airtime. So really, is it the characters? 

I think CBS and Sony just let Pratt write the show into the ground. We already know it's hard to get viewers back once they leave. 

• Members

IA with you....they are rebuilding characters, but seems right now that the most action is Gloria and her Towering Inferno Building scene chewing. There has been more layers that have been written into characters since she started, but at times it does seem like she wants to do what she wants regardless of what is best for content and story. I will still give it until fall...and if it's the same thing, then some serious changes should be made. I wonder now.....was the interview she gave a detriment to her? I myself welcomed some of the things she said, but some of the other stuff....like basically not even acknowledging other stories that have been going on....might have rubbed people the wrong way, on top of, for instance, Nikki and Sharon's relationship going back and forth right now. JMO.

• Members

I think Sally is reconfiguring her canvas in preparation to tell stories she wants to tell. She's reestablishing relationships and dynamics so that things will make sense in the long run. At least I hope so. 

Oh, I definitely agree that her interview hurt her and pissed folks off. But the people who would even know about that interview are a very small segment of the audience. Are twitter stans now bitter? Yes, but they were bitter before. I don't think the interview affected ratings. 

Tbh, I think a huge part of the ratings issue is politics being so entertaining. Better than any scripted drama. 

• Members

I actually love reading the Canadian day ahead spoilers now.  I didn't do it for such a long time because I didn't care what was going to happen on tomorrow's episode, but now I do.  I just have two complaints about the show, AH no matter who is writing or producing the show and Gloria being given such a large piece of the story.

Archived