Hunk Chandler Massey

How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

6 hours ago, Aback said:

Definitely! The angle where the main character is facing the camera, while the other character stands behind looking at their skull lol, is classic Y&R and it is a shot borrowed straight from Classic Hollywood (much like old-school Y&R was). I flove it.

DAYS used to employ the same type of shots, back in the day.

Just now, vetsoapfan said:

DAYS used to employ the same type of shots, back in the day.

From what I've seen online, DAYS used to be very glamourus back then.

Just now, Aback said:

Younger viewers may not believe it, but way back then, DAYS was very lush, romantic, sophisticated, and adult. It's sad to see how far it's fallen.

4 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

Younger viewers may not believe it, but way back then, DAYS was very lush, romantic, sophisticated, and adult. It's sad to see how far it's fallen.

I can see that from YT clips. I would have watched the show back then faithfully if I had had the chance.

2 minutes ago, Aback said:

I can see that from YT clips. I would have watched the show back then faithfully if I had had the chance.

DAYS was mesmerizing between 1966 and 1976. Then when Pat Falken Smith was replaced by Ann Marcus as head writer, the bottom fell out. As bad a fit as Marcus was for the show, however, most subsequent scribes were WORSE. Every hack writer decimated the series more.

4 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

DAYS was mesmerizing between 1966 and 1976. Then when Pat Falken Smith was replaced by Ann Marcus as head writer, the bottom fell out. As bad a fit as Marcus was for the show, however, most subsequent scribes were WORSE. Every hack writer decimated the series more.

Oh I thought you were referring to the early 90s being glamourus. I was.

2 minutes ago, Aback said:

Oh I thought you were referring to the early 90s being glamourus. I was.

Oh, it may have been in the 1990s as well, but I was referring to the show's first decade, in which it was a classic character-driven, romantic serial. It may have moved at a snail's pace, but it was so engrossing, you couldn't turn away. :)

Just now, vetsoapfan said:

Oh, it may have been in the 1990s as well, but I was referring to the show's first decade, in which it was a classic character-driven, romantic serial. It may have moved at a snail's pace, but it was so engrossing, you couldn't turn away. :)

Oh sure. Bill Bell helped set it up, right?

7 minutes ago, Aback said:

Oh sure. Bill Bell helped set it up, right?

Yes. He came aboard as headwriter and worked miracles on the series. He initiated the Bill/Laura/Mickey Horton saga, with the secret of Mike Horton's true paternity at its core, and that storyline played out on the show for a whopping TEN YEARS.

10 hours ago, Aback said:

The show truly did look lush and well produced in the early to mid 1990's.  Truthfully, they all did.