Hunk Chandler Massey

How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

Taoboi   
18 hours ago, Aback said:

Personally I want this regime to last as much as possible. I enjoyed last week's shows immensely, however... I don't think it was much SSM's doing. I could see KA's stamp all over it. I don't care, as long as they manage to keep this up I am a happy camper.

+ 1

Howso? re: KA's stamp.

Aback   
6 hours ago, Taoboi said:

+ 1

Howso? re: KA's stamp.

I can't put my finger on it, but last week was totally KA's style. I'll give you a few examples:

- Lily writing down 'Three bottles??" to Cane during the 'trial' was a nice touch that I would have never expected from the regime's first few months with SSM at the helm.

- Stories seem to have a direction (that was not the case in the first half of the year).

- Look how they have touched on small story beats almost obsessively: we've spent one week talking about Dina not wanting to move into the Abbott house; characters have stated repeatedly how Scott pretended to have driven all the way to the Newman ranch to see Victor, while he was actually at Sharon's. That type of almost obsessive focus on a story beat was classic Y&R. Even Victor forcing Nikki into a concert is classic Y&R, or at least the way it's being plotted is classic.

I'll let you know if more examples come to mind. :)

StepBack   
14 minutes ago, Aback said:

I can't put my finger on it, but last week was totally KA's style. I'll give you a few examples:

- Lily writing down 'Three bottles??" to Cane during the 'trial' was a nice touch that I would have never expected from the regime's first few months with SSM at the helm.

- Stories seem to have a direction (that was not the case in the first half of the year).

- Look how they have touched on small story beats almost obsessively: we've spent one week talking about Dina not wanting to move into the Abbott house; characters have stated repeatedly how Scott pretended to have driven all the way to the Newman ranch to see Victor, while he was actually at Sharon's. That type of almost obsessive focus on a story beat was classic Y&R. Even Victor forcing Nikki into a concert is classic Y&R, or at least the way it's being plotted is classic.

Agreed with you. I hope whoever is in charge, keeps it up. No outlandish stories, no more bad casting, just allow things to flow organically. 

I do think that Kay Alden has brought something to the table and helped make Y&R more classic Y&R.

SSM deserves most of the credit, however. She is the Head Writer, and she's the one who deserves the lion's share of the praise for turning this show around. 

This is tendency to give everyone credit but Sally is ridiculous.

Chris B   

They always say to give it six months and six months in the show is great IMO. Still has some issues, but overall I'm enjoying each episode and each week. I think the show is really coming together. It takes time not only to refamiliarize yourself with the show, but move around the canvas and get your new characters going, plus some things aren't going to work so it's trial and error. I think they've figured out how to make it work and I hope it continues to be watchable.

KMan101   
On 6/28/2017 at 1:53 AM, Chris B said:

They always say to give it six months and six months in the show is great IMO. Still has some issues, but overall I'm enjoying each episode and each week. I think the show is really coming together. It takes time not only to refamiliarize yourself with the show, but move around the canvas and get your new characters going, plus some things aren't going to work so it's trial and error. I think they've figured out how to make it work and I hope it continues to be watchable.

I agree. I think the show has settled now and I've been enjoying it. Something clicked when they sent the Brash and Sassy crew to LA and it's been gelling fairly well since.

Wells that all nice but how do u explain the 750000 to 1 million less viewers JFP got. Sally is losing CBS tons of money there revenue is crashing.

John   
3 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

Wells that all nice but how do u explain the 750000 to 1 million less vieoubt Y&R wers JFP got. Sally is losing CBS tons of money there revenue is crashing.

embellish much?

I doubt Y&R Ratings are causing CBS revenue to crash. Its not like Y&R is there only way of making money

Ponds   

If you're looking for a bad soap and bad writing, just watch GH.  Y&R is on a completely different level....it's watchable.

koos   
4 hours ago, Aback said:

Honestly the show looks more expensive than it has felt for more than a decade!

It does. Now, if they would just fix the lighting...

Taoboi   
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, Aback said:

Now would you expand that to the camera angles in some scenes. Because there have been a few lately that have a classic Y&R feel to me from when I was growing up.

But I see what you mean.

Aback   
2 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Now would you expand that to the camera angles in some scenes. Because there have been a few lately that have a classic Y&R feel to me from when I was growing up.

Definitely! The angle where the main character is facing the camera, while the other character stands behind looking at their skull lol, is classic Y&R and it is a shot borrowed straight from Classic Hollywood (much like old-school Y&R was). I flove it.