Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Look, I'm pretty much Team Sally but yesterday's show was simply not good.  Lauren mentioning Scott in a couple throwaway lines weeks ago did nothing to build the story we saw yesterday.  I'm not saying we need months of setup, but most definitely more than what was done here.  Ditto to Jill.  Her mentioning some acid reflux one time is sufficient build up?!?  Comon.

Any momentum the Fenmore story had was sidelined by the abrupt pivots in their stories.  

I enjoyed todays show, mostly because of Hilary/Devon.  But again, their story has suffered by their being offscreen for what?  A week and a half?  Once ubiquitous Gloria has now been MIA for a week as well (I know that is ok with most of you).  But all this shows a fundamental problem with pacing.  I don't hold out hope that the days of M/W/F for A stories and Tu/Th for B stories will return, but there is a great need for improvement here.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Add to that Reed and his singing at Nick's awful club/bar and Victoria unaware he had left the house. Victoria is an awful mother and wife.

I love seeing Lauren and Jill onscreen but the stories aren't there for them. They are very weak and poorly constructed.

• Members

Loved Hilary today. I really do like her friendship with Jack.

I have to say, while I like Ravi, I'm really not here for Ravi/Ashley/Phyllis. You can tell Eileen is slightly annoyed and probably believes the character is beyond all of this. I'd have to agree. I don't need to see Ashley pouting behind closed doors, snapping at Ravi, or picking fights with Phyllis like she's a jealous high school girl.

And yeah, soaps need to learn to grow their fanbase but at this point, catering to the one they have is hard enough at times. But soaps don't seem to know how to introduce a character or develop one anymore. Or re-establish long gone characters to make the newer viewers care.

• Members

Clearly this is why. She had to be excited about her return, too. I figured Ashley would benefit immensely and while Sally IS writing for her and giving her a story, it's .... ugh. LOL. I like Ravi/Ashley but the story itself ... I can see why Eileen isn't thrilled.

• Members

Chloe who? LOL. I'm shocked they haven't dumped her.

But yeah, I'm wondering why they're fighting over him too. I also feel like at their ages they're just beyond this.

And people can be attracted to all sorts of different people in life. I can see why Ashley finds Ravi appealing. But I also semi-like Ravi's type. Do I think he's "worth" fighting over between Ashley and Phyllis? Nope.

I do love Ashley on Jack's ass about everything and not letting things go and wanting to hold him responsible. I enjoy seeing their back and forths again.

• Members

I'd date Ravi too if he asked me out.  I like my men smart, sensible, and sweet. However, I wouldn't fight over the opportunity to date him. So, I'm side eyeing them. What's this really about? It can't be him. 

That Chloe reference was a hypothetical. Despite my always having loved EH and Chloe, I don't miss her. 

• Members

My geek tech friend is smart and sweet. I remember when we first met and became friends all of my other friends said how sweet and nice he was with good manners.

I had another geek tech friend who was hot as hell. He was nice too but had a devilish side to him. I remember when I first met him I couldn't stand him....LOL. 

So I guess its possible to fall for a geek tech guy but not for Ashley and Phyliss...LOL

• Members

Yes to the bold. I think it's a bit about something else and not so much fighting over him, per say. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I know the Chloe reference was hypothetical, I just wanted to point out she hasn't really been on at all. I like her and don't mind Chloe either but I also don't miss her. I just happened to think about her when you mentioned her and realized how little Sally has used her. Hell, Esther's had more airtime than Chloe this month. Chloe's only appearance has been on 2/7.

The other problem is they're not giving us POV on why Ashley or Phyllis would want to fight over Ravi. Sure they think he's sweet and nice, but we're not getting any actual ... story. Does that make sense?

Archived