Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been holding my peace on that. Where the hell is Hilary (and Devon)? They were just thrown in the closet. Reeks of the show not knowing where to go from here. 

I don't think Lauren is being thrown into a totally new story. This is just an entrance story for Scotty. I doubt it lasts 2 weeks.

Same goes jill. I think her heart disease story is part of the larger story. 

• Members

Agreed with Paul/Lauren back together. Have Michael/Christine working together and then....

The beauty of Y&R is that there are so many legacy characters/actors with history that enables them to mix things up and not be completely illogical - unlike Jorm, which defies even the wildest Y&R alt universe. 

• Members

Watched today and here's my question for the writers on the show--WHY MUST SHARON CHASE AFTER A F*CKING MAN?! 

Can this regime for once let Sharon be single and find herself? I practically typed up a whole damn story suggestion for Sharon on here about a month ago. For once, I'd want someone to steal an idea of mine and use it. 

I am not here for Sharon pining for Nick. Especially, not a few weeks removed from Dylan and Sharon divorcing. Just ugh. 

Can Sharon get a job? Find her daddy? Do some intensive therapy? Something other than scheming to win back Nick, thus resulting in another disastrous run between the 2. 

• Members

Monday was a new low for Sally.  Here we have her first major character intro (Scott) and she introduces him with this lame fake out story with Tracey B. chewing up the scenery with hysterics in a very rare bad performance.  That tells me the writing is shaping up to be some of the worst we've seen dating back to Latham.  At least Latham had a budget and was able to hire new contract actors.  I'm sad the show is headed in this direction.  I don't think Mal is the right EP and Sally is beyond rusty.  

• Members

I don't blame Tracy or Jess.  The dramatic scenes are poorly written in the first place.  And the actors can't make it work (despite their skills) because there was no logical build up and they have the characters go from zero to 60.  Jill's hospital scenes were really bad: she awakens and her son, Esther and her doc let her have 20 minutes of heart racing hysterics before they tell her she's had a heart attack.  Then the doc lists this litany of bad medical stuff that Jill has suffered, and Jill's still in denial?  No, Jill wanted the mansion; she wanted someone elses life; now she has it and yes, she might neglect her health in this way, but she wouldn't have acted out like a nutty baby about the next chapter.  And now I just got done watching Monday and I see Tues previews:  Colin skulking around in sunglasses in the window less hospital corridors, and Jason Thompson threatening that he changed the locks on the entire Chancellor mansion.  Even the stable????  LOL.  Hey: Billy Abbot, go get the set decorator while you're at it to have them remove all those ridiculous library shelves and ladder.  Kay would never have her living room that way.  The mansion has a library on every floor.  

• Members

I am sitting here LOL at your entire post because it is so true but sad at the same time. I totally agree. Also, I hate/loathe the new Chancellor Estate....it is so ugly!  It was always a great looking house!

They need to get rid of Colin. He is just an awful character. He needs to take Gloria with him.

I wish he had been some rich doctor who came back and helped his mom out with Fenmores. Instead, we got this mess and yes it has been done many many times on other soaps. It is boring and oozes lazy writing by Sally.

• Members

The Jill storyline is really bothering me. JW is full of fire and she clearly defies her bio age. Why on earth would any writer want to reign in Jill? The character has had an amazing journey from nothing to social climber eventually evolving into a savvy professional woman. Two constants: Jill is smart and nobody's fool. And, again, Jill is not broke, she got Victoria to overpay to get B&S back. No, Jill wouldn't be collapsing when she found out that Colin hoodwinked her. After she kicked him out, she'd be on the phone with Michael filing for divorce and sicking Christine on him for all sorts of financial crimes. It's a stretch to believe Jill had no clue that Colin has been stealing from her for years now. C'mon Jill knew who she married, you don't think she'd be checking her accounts daily for inaccuracies? 

I'm at the point where I want to start DVR-ing it again, just so I can HATE-WATCH because it's so bad.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived