Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I know I know...but I have to.....

The show is a boring mess still.

1. Nick and Chelsea are boring!  The scenes with them and Noah were boring as hell! But I agree that Noah and Chelsea had chemistry.

2. Jill's story is awful. This is a very savvy woman and she let that fool play her again and at warp speed!  This story ended before it even started. The heart attack attempted storyline is so depressing. I think I will pass on it.

3. When did Lauren become all panicky about Scotty? She was fine and happy on Valentine's Day after his dropped call. Now you'd think Sheila were back.

Please register in order to view this content

This incomplete story is going at warp speed too with no story in it at all. I thought Scotty was studying to be a doctor and not some awful reporter?

4. There is nothing else going on in this soap unless you count 1, 2 and 3.

5. Any wonder the ratings continue to drop for Y&R.

6. Two sons in hiding...Lauren's and Paul's....not only is she boring writer but she is repeating stories too.

Sally Sussman's Y&R =BORING INCOMPLETE STORY TELLING!

Thought the same thing. I am sure before story #2 is over with which will be tomorrow that Gloria will be involved...JUST WATCH!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, this insta-drama doesn't work.  At all.  And I agree, there was loads of story left to tell with Fenmore's, but now BOTH Jill and Lauren are in a new story?!?  We should have seen Lauren at the hospital as well.

Where has Hilary been?  She was featured for weeks, now nothing for the last two.  

Sharon now suddenly staring down Chelsea.  Please no.  She's shown zero interest in reuniting with Nick, and this is another story coming outta nowhere.

I'm still holding out hope, but the cracks are starting to become gaping holes.  Tighten it up, Sally.

• Members

Why is Cricket/Christine here?  Get rid of her...does anyone LOVE this character?  No one Ever HAS.  It's like CANE.  He's just there for 15 years.  Cricket's been here for like 40 freakin years.  Kill her.  That'll give Paul a storyline for 3 days rather than running into rooms giving people bad news about how South Beach is calling...PO PO callin' from South Beach.  DYLAN is in DANGER!  HE's IN DANGER!!!!   Po PO calling from the State Department.  LAUREN!  SCOTT COULD be DEAD!  Wait.  No - he could be missing!  But they CAN'T SAY whether it's one or the OTHER!  

Terry Lester (Fevuh) is rising from the grave and speaking because honestly - Cricket is the big mystery of Daytime to me. 

• Members

Honest to God - how much has Lauralee Bell hauled in - in Salary over like - 30 or 35 years???  I remember her on the show in around - 1984 or 85?  She has to be the longest running actress on the show other than maybe 3 or 4 other females on this show. 

• Members

I felt that way during the Christine/PIII "Lady in Red" embarrassment - but LB worked really hard to be quite the capable actor. She may not have deserved to be there at the beginning, but she certainly earned it. The problem with Christine is that she's rarely featured now - it's hard to be relevant when she's only on 21 times during 2016. There were 7 episodes in January, but that was centered around the cheesy SB exit.  

• Members

She's hardly on very much or leading a storyline at the moment, LOL ...

Agreed about Paul though. They really need to work on him. I don't find him at all likeable anymore. He seems so miserable and grumpy. I feel like I'm watching the last years of AMC and MEK where he was so checked out, miserable and bored. I wouldn't go that far with Davidson but man ...

• Members

The gaping holes have always been there but some have not wanted to see them.

I had to cringe at her scenes the other day at the Newman Ranch. My eyes were rolling....when has Faith cared lately about her parents being together? She has been trashing both of them and moved out. If she can get them back together without pouting and leaves with them from GC then I will be happy....LOL.

I do have to say that Noah and Ashley would be interesting. The fireworks would be good but Sally only writes boredom incomplete stories.

Cricket is fine. She just shouldn't be with Paul. They need to get rid of Cane and his idiot father plus Gloria.

I always liked Paul with Lauren. She was the schemer who really loved Paul but couldn't help herself getting into trouble.  Troublemaker Lauren made Paul interesting. I even wanted a Paul/Andy pairing but that would have never happened in the 80's. Paul and Andy were hot together and I thought they were more than just best friends/coworkers.

It's sad when a flashback is the best part of an episode.

Archived