Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forced myself to sit through all of 2/14 episode. WTF.  It took 2 head writers and a story consultant who was with the show for decades to come up with this Fenmore/Jabot war?  What the hell are Jill, Jack, Ash etc. fighting over?  The story is so paper thin that the actors are chewing the scenery and not in a good way.  Then there's poor Gina and Eileen being saddled with the most uninteresting character, Ravi, (and actor) to come along in years.   Poor Eileen relegated to scenes in that tiny, drab closet office room with Walmart decorations.  Sally needs to smoke some good weed and go back to the drawing board.  It ain't working. I'll eat my hat if she turns it around soon.

• Members

It's been a long time since I enjoyed a Lily scene, but I enjoyed her telling Cane off today.  It's their anniversary and Valentine's Day and he's still whining about Brash and Sassy.  That con artist is lucky Victoria was willing to keep him on at all as far as I'm concerned.

For me the problem with Nick and Chelsea isn't the chemistry between the actors. I think it's good enough, but there just isn't any conflict there. The baby secret isn't enough. The whole thing is just too easy and that makes them boring.  Sometimes I think soaps have forgotten how to do a good build up to romance. I need some obstacles and some longing if I'm going to root for people.

Jack and Ashley had another good day, especially Ashley.

I continue to hate Colin. Jill deserves better.

• Members

What was up with DG's mumbling in those scenes?!?  I could barely hear what he was saying and couldn't tell if he meant to knock over the water glass or if it were a mistake.  His inflections were all wrong.  Why didn't Owen (I think he was director yesterday) give him some direction?

It's speculation at this point and I hope (fingers crossed) that's how it stays...

Archived