Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I dont think Jill is pennyless.....she still hasnt cashed Victorias check...i think.

Is it me or is billy coming across like a stalker...especially with Victoria?  The real Victoria would have grabbed him by the nuts and told him to back off...imho

Back when Victoria had fire in her.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully, this is the end of Colin/Jill.  And how exactly is Jill "broke"?  Toria just gave her a check for B&S.  I think it's too soon to say she's back to doing nails or comparing her story to Gloria's.  But I will say that Lauren should have been on screen today.  Watching Jill bitch about being "ignored" to Jack and the lawyer that Hil did should have been juxtaposed with seeing what's up with her since getting the deal with Jabot.

So.  Ash has the hots for Ravi. OK.  I'm willing to see where this goes.

Billy really needs to move on.  Co-parent with Tori but find someone else to put it in.  Back the [!@#$%^&*] up.

Jill/Jack/Gloria anyone?!?

JM and MCE have zero chemistry.  Stop trying to make them work.  

• Members

I don't like Heinle in the role any more than anyone else but constantly talking about Heather Tom in the '90s and early 2000s and reposting clips from (at least) over a decade ago does not solve the problem, and I doubt Tom is in a rush to leave her cozy perch. IMO the better point to make is about the writing for Victoria since the change, and pushing them for another recast that does not make the execs at Sony/CBS feel self-consciously old-fashioned, as they always do at any mention of 'history'.

• Members

Jill still has her business accounts, i.e. Chancellor Industries, but it looks like loss of her personal money will keep her out of the on-screen business stories. Even though Jill isn't dead broke except for the house, like last time, the humiliation is still there. I just don't understand how they can continually do this to the older women, but never to the men.

They go out of their way to fluff up the men's ego. Even when Victors sent to prison younger women throw themselves at him! Jack's women have all been much younger. He had to be drunk out of his mind to sleep with a woman his age. They don't even come close to having women clean out their accounts.

I like Jill & Colin together, but if Colin is simply the new Jeffrey then no thanks. Colin used to be a dangerous mobster. Cane and numerous others were terrified of him. He was also extremely wealthy from all his illegal activities. Now he's a poor bumbling con man, that has to mooch off his wife, and can never get anything right, That's exactly who Jeffrey was.

I don't know why they are keeping Lauren and Jill apart. A few battle scenes between them could really spice up this story. Lauren hasn't given Jill a second thought.

• Members

I never thought of him as a "dangerous mobster" nor saw any evidence of it. For the majority of his run,  he has been, a two bit con man loser.

You do have a point IRT the diff between how the women and men are being written.  

Archived