Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JT in my opinion - I didn't know anything of him but apparently he was loved on GH - but he's just not Billy.  I have noticed they really haven't had Victor really interacting much with him (although I'm glad Victor has been off burner - it's been needed for years)....but if he were really riding Billy with this actor - I just don't see it.  Abby is horrible....I only started peeking in back when Marcy Rylan took on the role because I had been a Guiding Light fan and I thought she was a hoot as Lizzie on GL.  From what I saw she was pretty good as Abby.  This one is just blah. 

Billy has a lack of chemistry with every girl he's kind of been paired up with on Y&R.  I didn't see much a spark with Phyllis either.  Everything on this show is just in a holding pattern.

I get the need for slowing things down and character repair, but to me, there's damage still going on.  At this point, if Paul were killed off - I wouldn't care.  They've written him into a crotchety bore.  His scenes at times make zero sense....I don't feel any sympathy at all for him re: Dylan.  And then his scenes with Sharon - pretty much heartless. 

Y&R back in the day moved slowly...really took a long time to build up....but SOME things happened week to week.  Stories DID move here and there.  It's just a snoozefest right now.  Honestly.....I can't even name one real STORY that actually IS going on right now.  Dylan and the sting operation?  That was short lived and now done.  Reed the troubled male teen?  Feh.  Billtoria angst?  Something with Fenmores.  Gloria busybody?  GC Buzz?   Faith at Sharon's, Faith at Nick's, Faith at Victor/Nikki's?  I mean, there's nothing going on here. 

• Members

Ive always thought that AH just didnt Victoria..and i always thought it was just the writinf.  Now that the writing has improved, she still isnt right for the part...and today during the photo shoot...I realized why.

AH comes across so awkward and insecure...even when the writing calls for Victoria to act like herself.  Victoria was always confident, snooty and sure of herself....even if the audience knew that what she was confident about would blow up in her face.  AH cant play those emotions...no matter how much the writing calls for it.  Thats why her character on AMC..Mia started off as a confident con artist..but quickly changed to an indecisive and clingy.  Shed be perfect as Katie on Bold.

• Members

I actually feel AH being terrible is the one thing we all can agree on LOL.  I say that because I have dreams about me and her having a three way with Josh Morrow.  I think she is DIVINE.  A Goddess.  I truly feel that RS and EF should be on as her sisters and I wish CONSTANCE FORD were alive because she was just as divine as the others.

• Members

I just wanted to slap him today with all of that whining over Brash and Sassy.  It's business. No one cares how much it means to you to own it, if you do not have the funding.

Please register in order to view this content

Ugh!

Ashley was good today. I'm glad to see her taking change and telling Jack how it's going to be.

• Members

You won't get much disagreement from most on here about her. Her lack of ability shows. It has for a long time. She's not Victoria. Even watching Heather Tom in opening credits from 1999 STILL tell me THAT is Victoria Newman.

I've always said Tom and Heinle should have switched spots a long time ago.

Archived