B&B - February 2017 Discussion

• Members

Why are you people even thinking about this show?  At this rate GH or DAYS might have a shot at being on the air longer.  DAYS actually has a chance because NBC Daytime stinks so badly.  GH - major danger because someone from the View or the Chew could get a breakout show. 

I hope Sofer/Quinn gets a storyline.  It's an empty show without her.  She makes every other actor and actress better.  (Seen on these boards before - when you throw DARTS...it's not me).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hah . I thought the same thing ever since they introduced "Darlita". Apart from her, I'm very much stunned that I must admit that I'm totally digging the new Spectras. The young gal, Courtney Hope (?), playing the new Sally is doing a fantastic job and everything so far has ben super silly but in a good fun way. We shall see how long this breathe of fresh air will last as Thomas/Sally is moving along at rocket speed already and B&B burning through great material does happen way too often (just ask the Avants...) before we go back to Steffy and her many lovers.

• Members

I understand the show wants to keep a Bell as headwriter...and Im wondering if Bradley is the wrong choice.  He is focused on plot points and twists with little to no long term fall out.  I think he should headwrite a telenovela because he doesnt seem able to keep a character going beyond their initial story.

Ive wondered if Lauralee Bell wpuld have been a better choice to headwrite.  Based on her online shorts and based on her interviews.  She inherited her fathers vision..imho

• Administrator

I just watched 4 weeks worth of B&B in the last 3 days and I have to say I just love Sally/Courtney Hope! I just wanted to see more and more of her and that's how I was able to catch up so quickly.  She's added so much energy to a lifeless show.  I'm really enjoying the humour that Sally and the new Spectra gang are providing, like Darlita's dumbness ("diet water") or Shirley taping Sally/Steffy's food fight while eating a celery stick(?). LOL  I love Sally's OTTness and wacky fashion sense.  And yes it helps that she's quite attractive and reminds me of Gina Tognoni, right down to the beauty mark on her cheek.   I do wish they would slow down this Sally/Thomas pairing - they already kissed? Slow it down. 

• Members

It's too bad she'll be gone in 3 months. The ratings for B&B are dropping and I am sure Bradley will blame them on the New Spectras. Sally pining over Thomas is just ridiculous and happening way too fast. And I guess Thomas forgot about Caroline and his son. Sigh....same bullsh!t from Bradley.

So CBS pre-empted Nicole's wedding on the east and central time zones but was shown on the west coast? What idiot decided that? The east and central time zones missed a whole episode. Only 20% of its audience watched the wedding...LMAO....I am sure if it were Liam's wedding that Bradley would have pleaded to CBS to re air the wedding. Poor Avants can't get a break from either Bradley or CBS.

• Members

I think they just wanted to move on. It's clear what this insta-wedding meant for those two characters. I just think back to two years ago and B&B finally figured out what to do with Maya and actually had their first 'true' diverse leading lady and the wonderful find of RE. And it all went downhill after the 'reveal.' Such a shame. 

And how sad that they couldn't get Sasha into Spectra (the show really didn't need FIVE new actors thrown in a matter of weeks); move Rick and Maya there; re-ignite Nicole/WyNot, etc. Instead, I'd love to know what SPam & Gomer Pyle hold over the Bells - neither of the characters have any reason to be there, not at the expense of younger diverse actors. 

• Members

Bradley Bell keeps recycling the same stuff over and over again. The Spectra gang is great but as you all said, I am sure it will dropped by the end of the year. I don't understand why he can't write for a large cast. The show could be quite compelling if the Forresters, Spencers, Avants and Spectras were all featured in a clever way.

Archived