OLTL Character Comes To GH

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Valentini believes the Buchanans will save GH, if that was your question. I think he probably wants to show he can use AMC/OLTL if he wants to, as a flick at PP. It doesn't bother me that much HBS is a good actress and I don't believe they're going to ruin Nora (a character who was already gutted repeatedly throughout OLTL's history anyway), I just hope this won't be the beginning of something like Rex or Farah Finger. 

• Members

In this particular case I don't think there's a sinister motive. FV is human. I think it's as simple as him loving OLTL and being unable to let it go. I'm not able to either, but you don't see me adding even more people after the preferential treatment has hobbled the show I'm working on. If not for Franco, ME's 4 characters and a cavalcade of stars from other shows dominating the canvas, a nice little appearance from Nora by way of a beloved soap gone by wouldn't be an issue. It's the pattern that's the problem. I don't object to this crossover, I object to him continuing the same treatment of GH. If the show was more robust on its own I'd have no issue whatsoever and would welcome more.

I'll watch to see Nora since she is one of my all-time favorites. I don't expect anything to come up that invalidates the PP run, because Nora's role was pretty foundational vs. active in that short period. If Ron were still here I might expect something, but I also think Ron is enough of a soap continuity obsessive that he couldn't bear to do that; I think he'd simply try to sweep up what he didn't like under the rug and say the characters changed/moved on/whatever. Either way, I don't expect anything like that.

HBS with Carolyn Hennesy:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The only time I didn't hate McBain was when he was working with Anna.  And as much as I love the character of Todd, I could easily have lived without him.  Starr can gtfo.  But they at least worked as characters.  When they brought them all back it was just fuckery and stupid.

It will be nice to see Nora but why?  Where is the tie to anything on this show?  And I agree you can't ruin her here.  The Rappaport invasion followed by gay murdering  husband and marrying Clint took care of all of that.

• Members

The cover may indicate that but no, the actual article is just a bunch of former AMC/OLTL actors, Cameron and RSW being two of many, expressing how much their characters mean to them and that they'd love to portray them again. That's all it is at this point, let's not muddle the waters with false rumors.

Archived