DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Members

The minute the new writers make him feel uncomfortable or less empowered, Ken will try very hard to woo her or Gary and Chris Whitesell back. They are his go-to shemps.

I always liked the Dorian wedding storyline and will always defend it, broad strokes and all. I get why Robin Strasser had an issue, but I think it was something Dorian absolutely would do for votes while believing it would ultimately help gay people. Bold and somewhat outrageous gay storytelling was what needed at the time and again today. And it did predict our future. Of course, at the same time Ron was still parading Todd/Victor Jr. around as a hero...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He pays attention when things get too out of his control and when he looks up and feels he is not the man in charge. Then he swoops in and changes everything and demands rewrites, especially stuff going well. Then he fires the writers and brings in [Dena/Gary/Chris]. That's always the pattern. If someone can break that cycle or force him to hang back they deserve the Nobel Prize.

I'll go one further: If Ron does have a free hand, he'll either make Northrop the real Roman, or he'll revisit the Two Romans and reveal that Josh Taylor's is an imposter and John has been Roman all along. Both things Corday would never allow.

• Members

Ron Carlivati has no business writing for DAYS or any other show.

You all might see this as good news, but I don't.  DAYS' fans deserve better than that clown.  And no, I'm not a fan of Higley's or Quan's, so don't go there.

• Members

I have to admit I think Sheri's there to see the show through to it's end ... let's enjoy this last year because ... I never once felt like the show was on it's end, even when a DAYS exec in 2007 said so, but now? I'm sort of doubtful it lives past next year.

• Members

JER set it up that way from the get-go. Roman had all those bandages on his face and Doc didn't recognize him to see him. Stefano could have VERY easily taken some other guy and implanted Roman's memories into him like he did to John. That's a story Ron would do in a heartbeat.

Archived