DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly this. I was looking it over and realized that the only headwriters DAYS has had that weren't previous staff writers on the show since KC has been EP were Anne Howard Bailey, that Darrell dude that wrote with Marlene McPhereson, and I think Paula Cwikly? Like...considering the turnover at that show, he is incredibly compulsive about promotion from within, and I think it's long past time for a change.

• Members

And look how long the last few lasted.

Bringing on Anderson as well is a good step. But if they're serious about trying to save the show they need to severely tie Corday's hands and (as @Darn mentioned) try scrapping a lot of what is filmed. Though I doubt they can.

I do wonder if Ron is also going to want to bring KDP/Eve back assuming she's recovered from her bout with cancer, as I believe the last team did.

• Members

SHERI ANDERSON THOMAS RETURNS TO "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" AS CREATIVE CONSULTANT AFTER 24-YEAR ABSENCE...

Please register in order to view this content

Sheri Anderson Thomas, the former head writer of "Days of Our Lives" from 1982-1986 and 1992-1993, is returning to "Days of Our Lives" as a creative consultant with the show. Anderson Thomas first joined "Days" as a staff writer from October 1975-September 1976. She returned to "Days" as a staff writer in October 1981 and was promoted to head writer on April 19, 1982, a position she held until November 10, 1986. "Days" brought Anderson Thomas back briefly from October 1988-February 1989 as a story consultant. From July 1990-March 1991, she was a staff writer. Her last stint with "Days" was as head writer from June 12, 1992-April 28, 1993. During her head writer stint at "Days" from 1982-1986, she was paired with Margaret DePriest, Thom Racina and Leah Laiman, and from 1992-1993, she shared the top credit with both Gene Palumbo and James E. Reilly, and was also the show's sole head writer from August-December 1992.

During her head writer stints from 1982-1986 and 1992-1993, she helped create many long-running characters fans know today: John Black, Bo Brady, Victor Kiriakis, Steve Johnson, Kimberly Brady, Shane Donovan, Anna DiMera, Larry Welch, Austin Reed and Billie Reed, as well as the teen-age versions of Hope Williams and Jennifer Horton.

Anderson Thomas was also the co-creator of two proposed "Days" spinoffs, "Keeping Up with the Jones'" (which would have followed the life of Calliope and Eugene) and "Manhattan Lives" (which would have followed Marlena's life in Manhattan). She has also written several "Days" novels: "A Secret in Salem" (2010) and "A Stirring From Salem" (2011).

In addition to her work on "Days", Anderson Thomas has written for "General Hospital" (1979-1981), "Guiding Light" (1987-1988), "Another World" (1988), "Falcon Crest" (1989-1990) and "Santa Barbara" (1990). During her time away from daytime, she developed TV and film projects for Spelling Entertainment, NBC, Sony Interactive and Nelvana, and international projects with Bavaria Films (Germany), Spectak (Australia), and Franz Marx Films/MNET (South Africa). She is a six-time Daytime Emmy nominee, winning twice (in 1976 for her work on "Days" and in 1991 for her work on "Santa Barbara"). Anderson Thomas, 68, was born June 27, 1948 in Los Angeles, California. She is married to Paca Thomas.

RON CARLIVATI JOINS "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" AS HEAD WRITER...

Ron Carlivati has joined "Days of Our Lives" as its new head writer. With material for all episodes airing through June 2017 already taped, look for his material to first air during the summer.

Carlivati began his daytime career with "One Life to Live" as a writers' assistant in 1996. He worked his way up to head writer in 2007, a position he held until the show ended its ABC run in 2012. From 2012-2015, he was the head writer of "General Hospital."

Carlivati has been nominated for 5 Daytime Emmy awards, winning once in 2008 for his work on "One Life to Live." Ronald David Carlivati, 48, was born November 25, 1968 in Rochester, New York.

• Members

Didn't KDP fall out with them around the time they went to GH

I know a lot of people have wanted Sheri Anderson back for a long time. I figured it wasn't going to happen. I hope she might at the very least help them remember how to write for couples again, which they haven't managed in many years. 

• Members

I think the fans were more angry than the performers. I think whatever mild beef they had is probably water under the bridge these days. It may also have mostly been with Frank, who was the hatchet man. Then again, Ron can be petty so who knows.

Say what you will about the man (I have!), but I suspect Anderson is one of the writers at whose feet Ron worships - or did before he got too busy on his Twitter account, that is.

Archived