DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank god Dena is gone it was time for to exit. Even though ratings went up a bit. Maybe with NBC stating they feel DAYS has more chance. Ron Carlivati is perfect choice for DAYS. He brought ratings up for GH and GH was only given six months. Ron is perfect camp for DAYS

• Members

Well, he did raise ratings for GH briefly, and he will likely try to write for gay characters if Corday lets him (as Valentini did not)...

I complained about him for about 7 straight years, but I'll give him another chance. This is likely the end for DAYS so they may as well try something new to turn it around while they still can. 

How many times has Dena Higley been fired/left now anyway? 5? 6?

• Members

Are we counting her mental breakdowns?

All the criticism anyone's ever made of Ron stands, IMO. But DAYS is just a very different show, and his blend of insane camp with obsessive love for soap history and family - amidst his more toxic ideas, that is - is very much in line with this soap. I'm sure he'll come out of the gate with some bad ideas, but I also expect some good ones. I also think he's the only one with enough balls to do things like try to get Wayne Northrop back as Roman*, and yes, I suspect he would resurrect Will.

(* - if that ever happens we'll know someone has Ken Corday locked in a broom closet)

Archived