DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP and Ron would not mix well, nor would she work for Corday.  She's hopefully done as a daytime EP.  I can't imagine a worse fit for his type of stories.

I highly doubt he has been in place long considering Dena tweeted she was very recently fired as the announcement was made public.

• Members

Ron became FB friends with Meng a few years ago.  I would suspect Sony/Corday looked at him back when OLTL was being cancelled. Ron was hot property and ABC kept him on.  Ron posted in early Jan that he was out in LA; clearly this writer switch was in the work for months and I bet Ron's been watching both Days and YR; hell Sony may have been paying him as a consultant for the last six months or year.  Who knows.  Ron is not coming in completely cold turkey though.  Stories have had to been laid out given their shooting schedule.  They were just waiting to see if NBC decided to renew the show.  They must know that they are getting at least till end of 2018 or they wouldn't have changed up the head writers.  Now let's purge a few of the writers.  We don't need 17 writers and Ron has never worked with such a large staff.  I think Dave Ryan and Elizabeth Snyder will go from the breakdown staff; and David Cherrill and Cyndy Kelly will go from the script staff.  

So amazing to see who has started following Carlivati on Twitter:  Michael Muhney (wants a job); Tracy Melchior (wants a job); Galen Gering (wants to keep his job); Kyle Lowder (wants a job); James Reynolds (wants to keep his job); and Brandon Beemer.  Kissing some head writer butt.  LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived