DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FROM THE ARCHIVES...SHERI ANDERSON'S FIRST SCRIPT AS HEAD WRITER...EPISODE # 4171...APRIL 19, 1982

Here's a look back at Sheri Anderson's first script as head writer from April 19, 1982. Included are the cover, cast/set list and taping schedule. Note that Herb Stein, who is still with "Days", directed the episode (although he was not yet a full-time staff director on the cover sheet).

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE ARCHIVES...ONE OF SHERI ANDERSON'S FIRST SCRIPTS AS A SCRIPT WRITER...EPISODE # 2551...JANUARY 8, 1976

Here's a look back at one of Sheri Anderson's first scripts as a script writer on "Days of Our Lives" from January 8, 1976. Included are the cover, cast/set list and the first page of dialogue (the only stuff I have available). The episode begins with a scene featuring Valerie Grant and Julie's son, David.

• Members

Ah thanks I knew it someone involved Jack and Jennifer's golden days came into write the send off and I thought it was a great episode. I knew the Reeves family had uprooted to move to Nashville or something but it was still mind-boggling that for three straight years the only story the couple had is "Jack is dying/dead!" I knew JER wasn't a fan but still it was boorishly, unimaginative to repeat and rinse a story three, four times in row. 

• Members

I don't understand why anyone would complain about WHATEVER Ron brings back, camp or no. DAYS is such suckage right now that a test pattern would be an improvement.

Honestly, does it really matter who replaces Higley as long as she's gone? Take RC   out of the equation. If we were told Higley was being replaced by "an unknown writer," we'd STILL be happy.

And Ryan Quan? Who the hell knows. I've seen posters give him credit while trashing Higley -- without any proof he deserves any praise. Do we really know ANYTHING he's responsible for in the past rotten year???

• Members

Nothing has changed in years. Honestly, it's pretty much been the same dreck since 2010. There have been small nuggets here and there, but mostly it's been a show perfect to watch late at night to cure insomnia. I have never been a GH fan, but watched nearly every day when Carlivati took over for the first year. Once the Llanview 3 switched roles, it seemed all the stories took a nosedive. 

DAYS is on limited time at this point. We can see they're trying to hold onto it as long as humanly possible and they're FINALLY stepping out of their comfort zone and going with someone who's got a good track record at building buzz (in the soap world), grabbing the attention of existing and former viewers, and upping the pace. 

Normally, a frenetic pace means burnout too soon. Like 2-3 years. Even Reilly was running on fumes by his fourth year in 1997, as we waited for storyline payoff (John, Marlena, Kristen, Susan; Sami, Austin, Carrie). But we don't have the time anymore. DAYS won't last til 2020 (well, it may still be AIRING in 2020 since they tape so damn far in advance)  so I am glad to see a new style, even his style, brought to Salem. It's a guaranteed change of pace from the onscreen coma of these past 7 years. 

• Members

Do we have any knowledge on how long Ron has been in place? We know lots of things happen behind the scenes that we don't know about, so I'm wondering if he was truly JUST hired, or if he's been working for a while now. Of course no matter what there's going to be a long wait due to the filming schedule, but I hope for thier sake he's been working behind the scenes for a while so it's not TOO late. I can't imagine waiting til the end of the year for a damn headwriter change.

• Members

Greg Meng, Albert Alaar and Marni Saitta should all be fired for the horrible last 1.5 years.  I think Higley is mostly a hack but the stories she and Quan decided to do (with he exception of the Orpheus prison break which was monumentally stupid) have been either decent or boring.  Griffith/Milstein nearly destroyed the show by systematically killing off or destroying most of the vets.  Marni cast the worst possible actors to play the teen set.  Meng/Alaar allowed horrid decisions like killing off Bo and Will and allowing Hope's character to "kill" Stefano.  Not to mention the sets, lighting and costumes that were ghastly for most of the last years.  No excuse.  NBC should be lauded for at least giving Days a zillionth chance to improve.  If I had been in charge I would have cancelled after Griffith's debacle.  Recently, the show has improved in casting, lighting, costumes, story.  There's a glimmer of hope.  Ron don't come cheap.  And he always works as a sole head writer.  We'll see how long Corday can stand down.  Sheri Anderson/Ryan Quan are probably there as part of Corday's negotiation with NBC to have some creative control over the next year.  And I actually think that's a good idea.  They will be there to give Carlivati the background on the show.  But what I'll be interested to see is if Ron got control over the entire writing staff. He got rid of all long term GH writers except Korte for his own very young writing partners (mostly).  Ron inherits the biggest set of writing (and aged) vets on Days: Cullitons, Cherrill (who was probably writing soaps when Ron was in diapers), Broderick etc.  

Archived